a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #13

Started by Bob23, January 08, 2019, 05:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Perfect! I'll do the same...my Admiral is more than happy to be rid of me!   I heard from the horses mouth that Marty will be attending too! So...the game is afoot!!
Bob23

K3v1n

Sample shirts are in and look great. Need to make a slight color change on the gray shirt(ship's wheel a bit too dark.)
Should have ordering details by end of week. There are two different graphics colors depending on what color shirt you want.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Finbar Beagle

Kevin,

Shirts look good!

Just made Southwinds slip reservation.  We are hoping to sail the CP 19 Terrapin down on Wed, and sail back to the norther reaches of Barnegat bay on Monday, aug 19.  I padded the dates to allow flexibilty for weather.

My band took a job for that Saturday night, 8/17, so we will miss the tices overnight, again...
We will stalk the fleet Sunday morning, and chase any stragglers.

To quote Bob, and Sherlock, the Game is afoot..
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

Sounds good Brian!
I might be slipping onto Bob's boat as I and Lesa just signed contracts on Dorothea. Sea Trial and survey set for Aug. 13th!

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Finbar Beagle

Kevin,

Good luck with Dorothea.

Unfortunately, my admiral will not let me arm Terrapin with my power washer, so you should be fairly safe on  Kiononia, as long as Bob behaves.  She stopped me when I tried to duct tape the required power generator to the bow pulpit.  Not sure why...

Reighnman

Good luck with the sale Kevin and you're welcome aboard Freedom if you want.  On August 14th you could drive to North Jersey and buy that light blue hull 16 on Craigslist and be back in time to splash for BBB2019!
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

K3v1n

Thanks! I have a lead on a 'FREE' boat....Irwin 21 Free Spirit.
But don't tell Lesa!  lol
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

Quote from: K3v1n on August 02, 2019, 06:43:31 AM
Thanks! I have a lead on a 'FREE' boat....Irwin 21 Free Spirit.
But don't tell Lesa!  lol

Hey Kev, have a possible lead on a Cape Dory Typhoon that might be had for the asking. It became fallout from a divorce. I know the owner and she indicated she has no interest in it and would rather it just go to good home since no one is caring for it now. It was in great shape a scant two years ago. So sad to see boats neglected. It does have a trailer as well.....and yes i will tell Lesa!

......gives you a good excuse to come visit again!

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

Thanks Rick, but looking for something more trailer sailable. If I don't get the 'Free' boat we just might be taking a break from boat ownership for a bit.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

Quote from: K3v1n on August 03, 2019, 09:18:57 AM
Thanks Rick, but looking for something more trailer sailable. If I don't get the 'Free' boat we just might be taking a break from boat ownership for a bit.

I hear ya Kev! This year I've wondered why we even have boats. Recovery from my injury has taken much longer than hoped but certainly as long as advised. That along with much on the plate at home and the 16 sits in a barn here and Interlude, though in the water, saw me having to wait until July before I felt stable enough on the moving deck of a sailboat. Almost fell overboard in May, single handing, leg buckled under me going forward throwing me into the lifelines. With all of that said, if ever you guys find yourselves this way, well not so much this way but down on the bay where our boat is, be glad to take ya out. Actually if ever find yourself in the Charlottesville area be glad to hook up and show ya around!

Good luck with everything and still hope to get that direction some day. Will lift a glass to all at our marina party on that Saturday of BBB!

Fair winds,
Rick and Susan
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Taking a break from boat ownership? Ha...new boats just seem to find me! "It followed me home...".
There might be one of these in my near future:
https://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/wooden-sailboat-kits/skerry-rowing-sailing-dinghy-kit.html

Mas

Well, for whatever it is worth I had Joan tell me she is going to sell her 1987 16mk2 as she 'moving on up'. Right now it sit's with a broken mast secondary to her driving under the travel lift on her way to launch her. Oops! Might could tenure an offer for her 'as is.' (new mast from Hutchins is $498).

Ya gotta remember that big stick up there!

....oh and Kev, that Typhoon has a trailer.

....and Bob, if you lets me count my canoes and kayaks from my whitewater paddling days, along with Mas and Interlude, then we have 9 water craft! Now teaching paddling for over a decade years ago did pay for all of the canoes and kayaks but still.....if your Admiral has any issues with another boat, show her this accounting, well unless you have more than 9!

I always thought that BBB was the Better Business Bureau, glad to see it is really the Better Monkey Business Bureau! Have fun!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

So I think we are set on Joey Harrison's River House at Southwinds Marina for dinner Friday night.
Not sure if we need reservations or just wing it.....Bob?

There will be a live band there that night, after dinner we can hang around.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

Joey Harrisons it is! Not sure if they need or even take reservations but I'll call tonight.

Finbar Beagle

Sounds good, we should be done sailing and in slip
By 4pm ish.  We plan to cruise off
Tices until around noon, and blockade forked river around 3pm.  But really no sense in stating this, as
We go where the wind, and wife, dictate.

What is target time for Friday dinner?