a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #13

Started by Bob23, January 08, 2019, 05:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Let's make it as official as we can on the early a date!
I'd love to row the canal but have been told it's against the law. Of course, it's NJ...can't wait to try it!! Yes, I can row against a 3 knot current and make headway!!

Reighnman

Sounds like some great plans are forming for 2019! Only my beloved state could restrict usage of a public waterway to motorized boats! I'm sure a flotilla of fools on tubs or SUPs with a keg in tow were the catalyst for such a ban. Perhaps a race would be allowed? Man vs. Compac?!!?
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Finbar Beagle

August 16-18 sounds official to me.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

I'm writing in ink on my calendar!

BARNEGAT BAY BASH XIII  AUG_16-18_2019

I am planning on taking off from work on Friday, this way I can join in on the early bird festivities this year!

PS. Bob you should add the date to the thread title.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Tim Gardner

Couldn't resist your suggestion, Kevin.  That date works for me as well.
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

This is perfect! I'll try to get off but my boss is such a pain in the transom, I'm about ready to not just call in sick, I'm callin' in gone!!   
  And so, the game is afoot!! Now that we have the date, we have plenty of time to figure out the when's and where's. I do hope Allen is finished with that anchor, now that he's retired. Bet it's gonna shine!
  So chime in mates! And a thank you for everyone who makes this the epic sailing event of the Northern hemisphere. Maybe we can steal America's Cup sponsors!!
Bob23

SaltDog

I am new to the group but the meet-up sounds pretty awesome. I saw some footage of a past one on empty-nest sailing.

I would be interested in learning more about these meetings if they are open to newcomers.

by the way am a COMPAC 19 sailor (Unless I find a 27 before then).
SaltDog
"WAYWARD"
1998 Compac 19
Noank CT

K3v1n

Hey Saltdog! ALL newcomers welcome and you don't even have to have a Com-Pac sailboat.
Exact details will be posted here in the coming months but the usual outline is...

Friday Sailors arrive in Forked River to launch/dock for dinner that night.
Saturday morning breakfast meetup.
Followed by Sail to Tices Shoal for raft up/anchor up.
Lunch/dinner at anchor and sleep over.
Sunday sail back to port.

PS. Some folks just show up for the dinner/Breakfast
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Reighnman

Hey Bob, I have a way for you to stick it to that transom boss. You should buy everyone drinks on Friday night with his credit card!! Just don't let Lisa know whose paying.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

K3v1n

Once my daughter is done school she will have time to work on a shirt design for us.
Anyone interested in purchasing BASH t-shirts?

Thinking of a simple bottle cap design.
Discuss.....

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Finbar Beagle

Kevin,

As long as we do not infringe on the PBR logo, and maintain our social standing by not lettering non compactnauts know we occasionally drink PBR as way of supporting our sailing habit, Ellen and I am in for 2 shirts.  2xl & xl.

Please no charactures of Admiral Bob, unless they are truly representative and offending...

Thanks for the initiative!

Bob23

I will definitely be in for 2 large's. And feel free to try to offend me...I'll offer a 6 pack of PBR to the person who is successful! Whatever design the Sea Robin can come up with is fine by me! I love the bottle cap design.
Oh...just noticing the Sock Burning in 3 weeks. I better pre-arrange an Uber!!
Sail on my friends!!

Finbar Beagle

Salt dog,

Hope to meet you and your 19!

Seems to be quite a few former 19 owners to go big and regret there decision to leave their 19 behind.  A assume you need more accommodations for exploring the sound.

Ones in good shape are getting very rare out there.

All the best!
Brian

Mas

Alas, kept thinking that one year would be able to bring our little 16 up for this event. That date unfortunately is also the party and gathering at our marina that some of you have attended and had the been the basis for CBMSG. Life has slowly moved us to being even more involved at our marina and plans with 'Interlude', our Pacific Seacraft. For the first time since we got back into sailing a couple years ago we may not even have a Compac in the water. 'Mas' got little used last year though did help a friend with a new to her 16! This year 'Mas' may stay here awaiting her time to start teaching our grandson the art of tricking the wind into moving his boat!

Meanwhile, we will be tipping a glass to all involved and sending thoughts of fair winds and good times to y'all!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2