a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #13

Started by Bob23, January 08, 2019, 05:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Eta dinner at Joey's is...I'd imagine around 6 ish, maybe a tad later. We can converge at the dock and egads! I've yet to reserve my slip! I'd better do it today. Egads!!! 
So let's all weigh in here so we have a complete roster, shall we! Aye, me hearties- another fun time is ahead! I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone!
Bob23...for the cause!

Bob23

So the game is afoot, as Sherlock Holmes would say. I'll be arriving Friday afternoon by boat but I hear whisperings of an earlier pre-bash bash, possibly on Thursday. If this is the case, I may sneak in for a Guinness or two!
Cheers mates!!
Bob23

Eagleye

I should be trailering in before noon on Thursday and hope to be set up in time for a short sail before any pre bash events.  It's about a 4 hour trip if the Garden State Pkwy. gods are in my favor.
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

K3v1n

A little pre-party Thursday night sounds good!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Reighnman

Shaping up to be an excellent bash! I should be in the bay by mid-morning Friday.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

K3v1n

Dorothea is SOLD!
I've invited her new owner(Dave) to join us for dinner Friday night.
I will be taking him out sailing on Dory Saturday along with the Com-Pac fleet and then plan to get Lesa to drive me to Island Beach for a dinghy pick up afterward.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

And so the game is really afoot now! I should be arriving at my boat slip at Southwinds sometime mid afternoon on Friday as the boss has conceded to give me the whole day off!

Finbar Beagle

Admiral Ellen and myself, had a near perfect easterly wind for a fast 4 hour sail to Southwinds (just under 20 miles). Perfect sailing day, almost no boats out, overcast with very sparse raindrops, made for a very comfortable August sail.

Had dinner at Breakers kitchen and tap and drove home for a comfy bed.

Plan today is to explore southern Bay and hope Alan will help to polish our anchor, or at least, show us the method of the mirror glass shine.

Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

Poifect!!
  I'm planning on a noonish departure from Waretown (the boss is making me work this morning, what a tyrant!) and I'll sail about a little before arriving at Southwinds. In the case of overcast conditions, I think I'll follow the glare from Alllen's anchor- a beacon of hope!!

See you all very soon!!

K3v1n

The Fleet all snug in their berths while the skippers and crew party!

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

MKBLK

Nice shot! David, Rachel and I really enjoyed ourselves. Great to see everybody again. Hopefully, I'll be able to set sail on the bay with you all in the near future.
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Bob23

Marty- I'm so happy you attended the Bash dinner and it was nice to see David again and meet Rachael, who encouraged me to "buy the Porsche"! The Bash would not be the same without you there. As always, the sailing is secondary- the friendships that have been born at the previous Bash's and that continue to this day are paramount!
  Sneak preview here: there was some discussion about a fall gathering this year, as yet unnamed. Stay tuned...not sure what it'd be called but of course something catchy.
  Cheers mates! And may your waterlines always remain on the outside!

Mas

We lifted a glass to all of our Northern friends at our party Saturday! Sorry Bob, there was not one PBR in the 30-40 folks that were there. Looks like someday you may need to return before no one even knows what one looks like!

The moon soon rose to take the sun's place. Figured y'all were watching the same show!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

Very nice Rick, we had plenty of PBR to cover both groups. lol
At sunrise we were taking a dip in the mighty Atlantic!

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

Looks good Kev. At sunrise we sere still hunkered down below decks till we woke up about 9:30! I dunno, something about staying up with folks, spinning tall tails and playing music till after 2:00 AM. Getting a little too old for such shenanigans. Sure would have felt good to be in the ocean first thing!

As you know, our marina is 99% sailboats, but there is a Ranger Tug sitting there now......seems Pedro has also followed your lead and is hanging up the anchor for a while. Recently sold her.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2