Previous topic - Next topic

Reighnman

Great idea Kevin! I'd be in for one.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Reighnman

K3v1n

LOL

"...Pabst Brewing company has a "Pabst Blue Ribbon Whiskey" in the works. And because this is Pabst, known for its grunge appeal and dirt cheap beer, we're hoping PBR whiskey fits right in on the shelf at the diviest bar in your hometown."
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Eagleye

Hi Folks,
I put the dates down in the calendar but I'm not sure if I can get the time off from wor.........
Oh! Wait!!   There is no work on those days.  I checked my calendar and all it says is SAILING.
Go figure? 
Now just waiting for the water to not be so solid.
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

Work. The other 4 letter word! Glad you're enjoying your retirement, Allen. How's that anchor coming along??

Finbar Beagle

Bottom painting, done.

Rudder mounted with plastic milk jug cut out bushings for the pintles. Done.  ( Need to really work on this next year.)

Cabin dry and vacuumed. Done.  Admiral is upset that her Dyfus cordless may have been sacrificed for the well being of the fleet.

Replacing lifelines and boat registration numbers next.

Teak may need to wait another year...or following one...

Splash down in Barnegat Bay scheduled for April 20ish..
Now need to convince Admiral that planning a boat launch on Good Friday, Passover, Easter Sunday, earth day is a good idea....

Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

Seems like a Good Friday to me! new bronze bushings are fairly easy, just need a super long drill bit. Now sacrificing a $200 plus vacuum WILL land you in hot water with any admiral.

K3v1n

Still wrapping up the Admiral's kitchen reno here. Boat work on hold for now.
Planning on a June 1 launch....that's if she doesn't sell by then.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Brian, yer way ahead of me...but that's not very difficult! I've been chipping away at the list but don't seem to be getting anywhere. This coming weekend I'll touch up the bottom, begin waxing the hull and touching up the teak. Changing the bilge pump to a Johnson (ok... I can just hear the jokes now) and hopefully a new outboard bracket before Koinonia takes her 13th splash with me!
  Looking forward to another BBB with all you curmudgeony wharf rats! Aye, the salt of the earth ye be!!
Bob23

Mas

Well boys, Interlude splashes today! Though she needed little this year (new exhaust hose) the little she needed was unfortunately handled by Visa secondary to me being less than mobile! Though you would have been amused, once the doc gave me some driving papers a week ago, to see me standing on a ladder, wearing a leg brace, waxing her hull! How many times can you answer "what happened to you?" I know you all are excited to see the season return, and one of these days will come up to see ya'll and the Joisey coast. As mentioned already, this year's BBB is the same date as the Cheeseburger in Paradise party here, but we can guarantee that we will be tipping a glass, or two, well more than two, to all up there!

....and Bob and Kevin, there s gunna be a 16 coming up for sale soon. No not "Mas", but i've heard rumors about one!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

SaltDog

Hi Brian,

My 19 is a 1998 and is still in nice shape. I have done numerous upgrades (roller furler, new sails, rigging, autopilot...).
I do like how it sails and I have had a lot of fun on it. Maybe my wife won't notice if I keep it after I find a bigger one.

So far my best trip was a trailer cruise up to Sebago Lake in Maine for 3 days.

We anchored by some Islands and it was great.

Block island is a great spot in my cruising area that I have made it out to a few times.

I mostly sail around Mystic Ct where I am from and I sail to Stonington and New London for overnighters regularly... good times.

I have been looking for a COMPAC 27 or to get some more head room and get the post out of the V-birth. The wife would also appreciate the closed head. I also have a 14 and a 12 year boys so the 19 is a bit tight if we all go for a day sail.

I hope to be able t make it to Barnegat as it sounds like a great time.

Cheers!
Jason
SaltDog
"WAYWARD"
1998 Compac 19
Noank CT

Finbar Beagle

Jason,

Wife and I ad a great vacation in mystic last year.  Stayed at the steamboat inn and it was well worth it.  We were at start of season, 1st week in may, but we were fogged in, so never made it out on the schooner (agilia?) docked next door, but made friends with the crew as we had cocktails outside our room and watched them work on their brightwork

I hope you make it down to the shore this year.

I was dropped in the wet last weekend, but boar yard flooded out from a southerly gale, so boat was an island...

Family stuff on Easter, kept me from leaving dockyard.  Why can't all holidays take place after Super Bowl, and before sailing season..

Reighnman

Jason you should definitely make the trip down as it's a great time! Yesterday would have been an epic sailing day on BB, steady 18-20mph.

Freedom is penciled to launch next Thursday afternoon, so I've got to finish touch up painting this weekend. I'm still hoping to do a sail north in June, just not sure final destination and as always, weather permitting. Brian, I sent you a text about the dinghy, perhaps we can figure a date in May? Between holidays, First Communions, birthdays and graduations the weekend sailing windows are disappearing fast.

Finbar Beagle

Terrapin is in slip.  Seaious wind yesterday, but moved her early this morning.  Torqeedo 1003 was sail of choice.  Rain stopped me from finishing rigging the sails.

Torqeedo came out with more powerful and more expansive, battery.  Yes, I am a sucker....

Ryan- I am receiving texts, but managed to lose phone itself.  I am off to Chicago this week, but we shall get the dingy done.

Teak is officially on list for next year...it does not really make sailing faster or easier, right?

Yesterday's big wind led me to getting a teather.  I was almost blown off at dockside when I took out companion way board, and I am a hefty anchor weight.  Now need to find out how to turn that into a biodegradable, eco friendly, water balloon catapult.... 

Reighnman

Splashed on Thursday and immediately got stuck in the marina channel which was told to be 3ft at lowtide. More like 1.8ft.