Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #13

Started by Bob23, January 08, 2019, 05:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Wow, that's not good.
You guys are both way ahead of me...I just waxed the hull sides yesterday. Hoping for a pre Memorial day splash! I'm hoping to so some longer cruises this summer. Wait: Didn't I say that last summer, too?!

Finbar Beagle

Sold my Bauer 12 today.  Ryan is getting my dinghy.
Admiral is happy, for now...

She has a theory that my hind quarters can only be on one boat at a time.  Not sure where she gets these crazy notions...
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

Dare you say the same for shoes?? or pursues?!? I enjoy living and sailing so those words won't be coming out of my mouth.

Though splashed, the list of chores keeps growing and I've recently discovered to replace the impeller I need to remove the oil filter! So one project has become two.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

K3v1n

Lucky 13 Bash is on the way!
AUG 16-18 2019

Shirt design is in the works. Been researching a bit of history, figured I'd share.

And as they say the rest is history. It's been 12 years, still waiting for Bruce and or Jimmy to show up. Maybe this is the year?!

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Wow, Kev that is great! Thanks for all your hard work putting this together. And a little known BBB fact: Kev was the original instigator of this epic gathering, the spark shall we say that got this fire burning! I raise my glass of PBR to you!!

Finbar Beagle

Good Job Kev,

Terrapin had her
First sail last Sunday.  Stayed in kettle creek as wind was steady 20, with some major gusts.

Too lazy to put up main, and because I did not set sail for reefing, yet.  So...

Followed an o'day 25, also under jib, back and forth, showing our new bottom paint, when we got near the mouth of the bay.  Jibed instead of tacked.  We were the faster boat in these conditions. On the westward reach, we tucked in way up the creek where houses blanketed the wind.  My wife and I roller reefed our jib, poured another rum and coconut water, and waited patiently for them to catch up, and jibe.  Then, when even, we unfurled, without hardly a spilt drop.  We won every sprint.   I am sure they will come looking for us when the wind is less than 10... Learning to love my CDI furler.  I am sure there was a reason to wait until I turned grey before giving up on the hanked on jib.  Just cannot remember what it could have been. 

Now to find those reef lines...looking forward to the BBB.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

So a topic often discussed but never acted upon.
Do we sail to a different location this year instead of Tice's?

Berkeley Island Park

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Reighnman

I like the people watching of Tice's but I come from waters void of such stuff so I could see why you would like to avoid it being there all the time. I did also enjoyed jumping in the ocean at dawn. Seems it could be a game time decision based on wind/waves too. Have you ever anchored there overnight?

K3v1n

I've never been there but a few folks from the yacht club have. It is a quieter anchorage, but Tice's does have it's own sort of fun.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

peterg

Have tucked into the Bartlett anchorage many times in the past. Has good holding and is a quiet spot for an overnight. Not much to watch, other than the stars and the morning crabbers and joggers. Have not been there since its re-build after Sandy messed it up in 2012.
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

K3v1n

Decided to just keep it at Tice's, it's what we do!
Plus it will go on the shirt design which is close to wrapping up.

Will most likely use Teespring.com
On that site you can order whatever color and quality shirt you want plus other tchotchkes.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

K3v1n

Now for something really cool.
This is a short clip of Robin(my daughter) sketching up the design.

SHIRT DESIGN
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Reighnman

Looking great! and that's a cool little clip too!

Bob23

Tice's is fine...it is what we do but we don't need to stay northerly like we always have. I think there is deeper water than we realize to the south a bit and I'll personally scout the area to take some actual soundings for you deeper draft folks. Seems like most of the yahoos tend to stay north, near the stairs...but there may be secret walk-overs to the beach south too.
  Stay tuned for more! And a big Thanks for Kev for his work in keeping this movement alive and for being the original instigator for this epic event!!
Cheers! Bob23. For the cause!!

Bob23

Greeting mates and a happy Independence Day!
  Just revisiting the topic of the highly sought after Barnegat Bay Bash 2019 which is scheduled to be held August 16th through the 18th in the Year of our Lord Two Thousand and nineteen!
   Let's get a role call going and see who will attend this epic event. I've heard rumors of Bruce Springsteen sailing his Eclipse down but he could be disguised as Allen... you know what they say about rumors!
  Cheers mates!!