a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Coastal Carolina Com-Pac Rally?

Started by Bramble, August 21, 2019, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor

I checked my schedule (wife's) thoroughly this time and can make it Sept 27/28/29. I like the proposal for River Dunes.

Please do not change the dates on my part if that knocks someone else out. Continue as planned if it does. My bad for not checking adequately the first time.

Terry
"Cool Change" - 1994 Com-pac 23

wes

Unfortunately I cannot do the Sept. 27-29 dates. But that's ok if this works best for everyone else. I see Mike, Glenn and Terry are in. Rick and Bruce, how about you?

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Razor

Let's stick with Oct. 4-6. That was the original dates proposed. The chances of picking a date that everyone can attend is very slim. That gives an extra week for planning. The Neuse River is my cruising grounds so missing one weekend of sailing the Neuse is no big deal. I'm sure I will be seeing several of you on the river in the near future anyway.

Oct. 4-6!

Terry

"Cool Change" - 1994 Com-pac 23

geeman

Well folks, I'm sorry to say I'm not going to be able to make it.  Investigation today brought out a number of big problems that are going to take me a while to fix.
1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558

Bramble

geeman,
I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to meeting you. 
mike

geeman

I may still drive down to oriental and eat.  It will be nice to get acquainted with like minded folks.
1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558

Bramble

OK folks,
we're getting down to the bending end. 
How about this.

Friday 10/4/19 dinner M&M's @ 7:30 PM
(16's can launch before or after)
Tie up, anchor out, or Oriental Marina it

Saturday 10/5/19
Sail to Lower Broad Creek, meeting up at some time for a raft-up, dinner on your own.
Anchor out or marina up at River Dunes.

Sunday 10/6/19
8:00 AM breakfast at Yawl Cafe (at River Dunes)
Coordinate stories to establish plausible deniability
Head back to Oriental.

mike

wes

Splendid. Oriental is having their Ol Front Porch Music Festival that weekend so there will be entertainment around town on Friday night.

I'm not aware of any on-your-own dinner options in the LBC area except the club dining room at River Dunes, which is open to transient slip renters by reservation. Not a problem if we all stay there. I suppose one could drive back into Oriental if one had a car.

Yawl Cafe is quite excellent for breakfast. I had an outstanding omelette there the last time I visited.

Wes
Bath, North Carolina

Bramble

I was thinking more of a ham sandwich & a beer from the ice chest.
I kinda sail on a budget (Ok, I'm a cheapskate)
mike

wes

Anyone who plans to get a marina slip in Oriental should start calling ASAP. Seems like the music festival is a big-ish deal and they are expecting a crowd.

Wes
Bath, North Carolina

wes

So, Mike and I are in. Glenn's boat isn't ready; Terry and Bruce have other commitments. Rick and Charlie, are you in?

Glenn - you should come anyway. Any of us would be happy to have you as crew, even if just for day sailing on Saturday. Terry, that applies to you too. I have inside information that you are EXCELLENT crew.

Wes
Bath, North Carolina

Bob23

Although I am not a part of this event, I hope you guys can pull this off. The Barnegat Bay Bash now approaching it's 14th year next summer, has resulted in some new life long friendships as well as lots of fun, eating and drinking together. It's about life, me hearties- life which is meant to be lived! So if we never meet, on October 4th I'll raise my glass of PBR in your honor!
Fair winds mates!!
Bob23

John

We would like to take part any some or all of the events. We will be sailing over from Belhaven. We could not get a slip in Oriental so we are planning on spending Friday and Saturday nights at River Dunes. Please include us and let us know what is planned.
John and Lisa

GrafRig

Possibly interested in attending, maybe roping some family in too. Not entirely sure if my schedule  is clear and/or if the boat can make the trip from Northern Virginia. Is anyone planning on spending the night in the hook? I've never anchored overnight and it sounds like slips might be already taken at Oriental.

Bramble