Previous topic - Next topic

geeman

1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558

Bramble

Razor

"Cool Change" - 1994 Com-pac 23

RedLeg

May be interested... would be a 5 hours haul from central VA to Oriental.  Anyone bringing an Admiral?  We've only done some lake sailing since picking up our 16/3, I'm assuming the sailing route isn't just down Adams Creek but out around Cedar Island, is that a correct assumption?  That might be a very ambitious single-hand sail for me.  Just trying to judge if it's something I could handle in my own boat or if maybe there was an opportunity to crew with a more experienced captain might be a better option. I did just have my trailer completely rebuilt so the roadtrip "shouldn't" be to exciting.  Any thoughts? Thanks.
Leif
S/V Edelweiss
'89 CP16/3

Bramble

Regleg,
The route via Cedar Island would be too long for a weekend trip.  It will be down the ditch, which isn't as bad as it sounds.  I can't say that you'll be in "good" company, but folks will make sure that you can keep up with the other 16's.
mike

wes

Must admit I hadn't considered the amount of motoring time in the Adams Creek ICW section on the way to Beaufort from Oriental.

A trip from New Bern to Oriental and back would have more sailing and less motoring. That's not quite so convenient for me since I'm coming from the Pamlico, but I'm committed to doing what's right for the common good! Any thoughts?

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

geeman

I'm good with whatever works best for folks, especially since I'm still very much in the still working on the boat phase of operations.
1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558

wes

Ha, that phase will last FOR THE REST OF YOUR FREAKING LIFE.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

geeman

Yeah Wes, I'm slowly figuring that out.  When I picked the boat up I thought "Hey, I'll be sailing in a couple of weeks."  But one project leads to/depends on another and so it goes.  But I've got something to work toward that has a date stamp on it.  We'll see.
1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558

BruceW

Cool ideas flowing.

Unfortunately, I will be out of town the 1st week of October.

I will lurk here in case an alternative date gets chosen.

Bruce

Bruce Woods
Raleigh: WR 17
New Bern: CP 23

Bramble

Another possibility would be meet up at Oriental Friday, have a meal together & Saturday head down to Lower Broad Creek.  It's a good anchorage & for those who want to tie up, River Dunes Marina has transient slips.  There is a cafe there (unknown quantity to me) that serves breakfast (& lunch).  We could eat then head back to Oriental (or in Wes's case, headed back to the Pamlico).

mike 

AirborneJarhead

I like your last idea, there, Bramble. I'm an electric boat, so motoring down the ditch is not high on my list for this rally/get together. I should be good to go for those dates as well.
Cheers!
Rick
s/v Little Wing
Compac 16/1
Charlotte, NC

Razor

Well, I guess I will not be able to come that weekend also. Was having a conversation with my wife about my son's family and my daughter's family coming to town for the weekend of October 4-6 for an extended family get together and it hit me like a ton of bricks. THAT'S THE WEEKEND OF THE CCC Rally! Dang, was really looking forward to it!

Terry
"Cool Change" - 1994 Com-pac 23

Bramble

Need some feedback on the alternative cruise I proposed.

Also, two folks are dropping out due to the timing of the trip.  Would the 27/28/29 of September be a possibility for the group?

mike

geeman

I like your last itinerary best and the days are fine for me.
1978 Com-Pac 16
Hull Number 558