a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMWG 4.0

Started by Mas, November 01, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mas

Well as I sit here on Interlude and am ready to take Mas home for the winter, it reminded me that winter will be here soon and thus sailing fades from our lives till spring.....unless some sailors choose to gather in the middle of winter and trade stories, eat good food, and drink good beer.....well PBR too, Sorry Wayne and Bob, just can't call it beer!

This last year's gatherings saw few Compacteers but record turnout from our little yacht club. Are we gunna be able to temp our small boat friends into joining us for a middle of winter get together?
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Wayne J

I'll be there!!!!

Wayne
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Tim Gardner

Planning on it as well,
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Early Februaryish........?
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Sounds good to me, too. Not to worry- Wayne and I are not easily offended and will bring our own stash of PBR!!

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on November 02, 2018, 06:20:45 PM
Sounds good to me, too. Not to worry- Wayne and I are not easily offended and will bring our own stash of PBR!!

We still love you....and from the bathroom at Merrior....
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Ha...I remember that!! Yes, you can all try a PBR on us...if you think you're man enough!! I'm looking forward to this epic event!!

Mas

We will keep everyone posted about the particulars, but last year at this time we had been in the planning process for over a month so......actually am a bit late in the planning for this year. We are gunna be reaching out to folks we know have Compacs but appear to not be part of this group of folks with good taste in boats. I know of a 16 and two 23's that are near and do not participate in this fine forum! I plan to get them on board and hopefully meet some of you Joisey types along with us Ole Dominion sailors. Depending on the dates for BBMWG hope to get up there as well. If one mid winter gathering is good, two is better!

Oh....that Dana is still sitting there.....jus sayin!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Dana is above my payscale!!

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on November 05, 2018, 07:05:43 PM
Dana is above my payscale!!

Not really for sale anyway, just very much neglected. Someday she will sail again. Meanwhile gunna be heading down to the Bay later this week for a rare weekend appearance, a chili cook-off, bonfire and last marina party of the season. Only a couple weeks left before we bundle Interlude up and dust the skis off. Mas is already snugged in for the winter here at home and feeling a bit neglected this year. I promised her that her time is coming again, as our grandson is becoming more competent around water and sooo.....much can't wait to learn sailing! A new generation....

http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=9328.0

Guess it's time to answer my own question by supplying the answer!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Tim Gardner

Rick,

The sailing season is in great shape here at SML.  Drag your little boat down here during a warm spell and do some mountain sailing. The upper river arms will really hone your tacking skills.
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Quote from: Tim Gardner on November 06, 2018, 10:03:28 AM
Rick,

The sailing season is in great shape here at SML.  Drag your little boat down here during a warm spell and do some mountain sailing. The upper river arms will really hone your tacking skills.
TG

Tim, having been boating on SML I can attest to it's beauty and also tricky fetch! Don't be surprised if someday you look out over your beautiful dock and boathouse and see a CP16 floating there! We are not done with sailing until Interlude gets winterized and hauled and that won't occur till Thanksgivingish or a little after. We actually enjoy the break from sailing so we can head up to the mountain, well still like to wander down to 'The Bay' now and then to check on things and mostly find an excuse to eat good seafood, drink good beverage and hook up with our boating friends.

Hmmm....sounds like maybe CBMWG 4.0

....me also thinks might be time to have a SMLG....jus sayin! Meanwhile looking forward to seeing you guys down at 'The Bay'!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

So many gatherings...so little time!

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on November 06, 2018, 05:47:11 PM
So many gatherings...so little time!

We have a secret strategy that has proven itself over and over again for finding the time.......though it requires total commitment.

Meanwhile.....getting the chili fixins together for the chili cook-off and bonfire with our little yacht club this weekend. Hoping to get Interlude out again as well if weather remains cooperative, though truth be told, last week while in a white capping seaway, I ran her aground for the first time. Got her out quickly, but hmmm....somebody moved that sandbar I'm sure. Well strong NW winds for over two days may have had something to do with it! Shoulda paid more attention to the uber low tide. So much to learn, and as Tim's by-line says: "The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit".

Keep your sails trimmed and your course steady and you'll get there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Meanwhile set your courses for 37°35.647' N, 076°26.119' W.

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Wayne J

CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia