a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMWG 4.0

Started by Mas, November 01, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

But...but...but...I just love hassling you guys!!! hahaha!!!

Mas

....and we love helping folks 'see the light!'

working on getting the Abyss, certainly Dark Hollow if not.

http://www.bluemountainbrewery.com/dark-hollow/

Winter seems to be anxious to get here as it has been well below average in temperature and snow forecast Thursday. Mas sits patiently under a cover here in the shadow of the Blue Ridge while Interlude now sits without her sails and canvas ready to be winterized and hauled. Going back one more time to finish getting our stuff off of her and pumping her tanks dry. Probably will get the itch to return and check on her sometime around the middle of winter, eat some seafood, have some good beverage, and hopefully see some good friends. Regardless we will be there and here's hoping others may join. Thinking Saturday February 16th, which is Presidents day weekend. It works well for us cuz we don't wish to be anywhere near the slopes on a holiday weekend so....hear Wayne, Tim, and Bob have expressed interest Assuming Pedro will be in attendance, will probably encourage Joan the new CP16 owner to meet you all and am going to try to track down the owners of a couple 23's that are nearby.

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Wayne J

CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Mas

Heading to Interlude today for final tucking in for the winter, which will be just around the corner. The Chesapeake Bay in the middle of winter can be a good time for a gathering...........83

Abyss.....a very deep hole that seems to have no bottom....or at least hope you don't find the bottom on your own!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Gents...to save me from having to spend all evening scrolling around, has the actual date of this epic event been finalized? I know Rick mentioned Prez day weekend but is this cast in concrete?
Thanks, men!! At ease, now.

Mas

Up early and noticed ur question regarding CBMWG Bob. I indeed did suggest Presidents Day weekend Saturday as some folks have Monday off and thus an extra day for travel. It also is a block of time we have zero desire to be on the slopes with all of the yahoos! With all of that said, I am certainly open to suggestions for a date but thought would tenure the 2/16/19 date for the reasons above.

Hope all is well. Spent everyday the last week on the snow and celebrating winter. Spent the evenings by a fire and reading Mr. Swift's book 'Chesapeake Requiem, a year with the watermen of disappearing Tangier Island'. A good read. Spent a little time talking with Mr. Swift about his book at it's release here in Charlottesville. He has a good feel and insights into the life on that little corner of the world. Know you had mused about rowing to Tangier. Say hey to Kev and Lesa if you see them.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Thanks, Rick...I will pencil that date in to my ever so busy social calendar! And thank for the book turn-on...I'll check it out, not that I don't have enough winter reading. And yes, a row to Tangier Island was on my horizon, so much so that I did some casual research on where to stay, etc. 
  Wow, so nice to be playing in the snow so early, we have rain today and lots of it. I find it difficult to cross country ski in the rain, not much glide!!

Mas

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Mas

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Ok...got it by using my super math powers!

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Well as winter continues to tick by and many days have been spent on the water (frozen variety!) just had to post this for Bob and Wayne.

Meanwhile:  31
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Wayne J

That's one "smart" looking attire--- That Olympic snow boarder must be related to Dexter Smythe (Octopussy)
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Bob23

Now we're talkin'!! PBR and snow!!!