Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMSG 2.0

Started by Mas, March 22, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Susan:
  Don't be concerned about the 5k initiation fee. I am the self appointed czar of such fees and have decided to waive yours! In addition, Tim has told me he's sending you a check for another 5k so you'll have plenty of $ for your Suncat. I spoke to your boss and he said taking that weekend off is fine. Nice guy, he is!
  Btw, the Hornbeck looks interesting. I wonder how they row? They look to be not very long. Many people who see the Guideboat think it's a canoe and I'll agree the profile is similar. But the underbody is completely different. I've had it out in 4 foot breaking waves (2015 Blackburn) and although I was scared poopless, the boat was fine.
   I'm gonna say let's go with the 5th considering that the marina party will be in full swing. I'd also love to sail aboard Interdude.
  Looking forward to this...such a great bunch of semi drunken wharf rats!
Bob23

hoddinr

Would just one person explain what CBMSG means?  It's a code, right? 

Centerboard MonoSodium Glutenate?  Good for rubbing on sting ray bites?

Thanks guys.

A little more transparency?

Ron

Tim Gardner

Rod - Chesapeake Bay Mid-Summer Gathering.  Bob - My word !  LIBK I outrank bob (note the lowercase here) in both time at FA rank and CPYOA membership.  DOWN bob.  Be a good boy now bob.  That's a good boy.  Susan, what bob spoke is true.  The $5k is arbitrarily bob's domain.  My 5k contribution will be sent via private messenger forthwith.

bob, be a good boy and pick up this envelope I have for The Other Susan, will you?

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

While you do outrank me, Tim, I can outblab you any day of the week! Just ask anyone!
  Susan: Any luck finding your Suncat? They are truly beautiful boats and if I'd ever downsize from my 23, to a Suncat I would go. In other news, it seems you may have gotten the nickname The Other Susan. Things like this happen around here. Trust me, we're mostly a harmless group of fun loving sailors who try not to take life too seriously. Fun is the order of the day!
Bob 23...for the cause!

K3v1n

We really need to try harder to keep these 'Gathering Treads' on topic. Oh wait, who am I kidding?! Carry on. :)
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

HeaveToo

Topic?  There is a topic?  Really?

If I was around and able to go that weekend, I would be seriously looking at St. Mary's City, MD.  They are having the governor's cup that weekend.  That is a race that begins in Annapolis and ends in St. Mary's.  There is a massive party after the race and a lot of cruisers go there and party after the race.

http://www.smcm.edu/events/govcup/
Døyr fe, døyr frender
Døyr sjølv det sama
men ordet om deg aldreg døyr
vinn du et gjetord gjevt

Sunapee Sailing

Bob:
Thanks arranging my time off. You did it faster than I could have. I would have to rely on the old ..."I don't feel good" cough, cough.
Tim:
Thanks for the $5K. SunCat are not only expensive but allusive. I might have a lead on a 2002 tucked away in a barn in Massachusetts for $13K.

I check Sailing Texas, Sailboat Listings,
CBA ( Ron..that's Cat Boat Association).
Back to Bob:
One paddles a Hornbeck, not row.
I know about Guideboats. Ex ( underline ex) manfriend had one. Great boat.
HeaveToo:
Annapolis is awesome. I'm going there sometime this summer. If I have a boat.

The Other Susan /Susan the Other
Dreaming of a SunCat
A Horizon Cat would be great too.

tmw

Mas

Hmmm......thread drift? It is what makes these gatherings so special! We have already started the gathering, the conversations simply continue once in person. Notice the mid-winter version of this, CBMWG....12 pages of discussion leading up to "mostly we are driving 5 1/2 hours for lunch" ! Quote from Lesa. :)

The St. Marys bash does indeed look like fun Heave, not unlike the Annapolis Boat show and other large events. Guess my thought is to keep it simple and also tend to avoid the crowds when trying to spend time with folks. May actually end up at the ABS this year as we have decided to decline the invitation to a music festival that has always been the same weekend in the past. Oh, thats right this is about CBMSG 2.0. Well we got three votes for the 8/5 date and the tie in with the larger Marina party. Last year the party went quite late and music was played till the wee hours, so bringing an instrument is not a bad idea. Unlike the mid-winter shindig which was lunch out and party later at Pedro and Becky's, this is definitely an evening affair with the grill usually fired up early evening and music late. I have copied a post from last years below:

"Ok all, the time for the CBMSG is soon arriving! Weigh in on your arriving. The gathering, cookout, small craft flotilla, and party is set for August 5th. The cocktail hour is 4ish with music, hotdogs, burgers, cold drinks, beer and wine to follow . A $5 buck contribution is asked from all to the small sailing club having their/our gathering there at the same time for all the food, and drinks. They have encouraged me to have us Compacteers join them, well we are part of that group too! It was also asked that we kinda split up bringing a side or condiments for the burgers and dogs etc. to go with the same and other sides being brought by others in the club. Be glad to help coordinate that for us.

"The pavilions are shaded and covered with, ice, cool clean bathhouses, and the usual amenities available. Very parklike there. We don't have to wait until 4. Check the thread for the some local motels for simple lodging, and Willaby's Restaurant in case the weather doesn't cooperate. We are planning to get the antique dinghy wet. Bring some small craft easy to transport, there are also a few kayaks and canoes that are on site. Nice islands close by. The previous posts have links to everything but check out  http://www.regentpointmarina.com  for location, directions, and general lay of the land. Do try to come for more than just a day, as there is much to do and some good places to visit very close by.
"

As far as sailing on Interlude, she is a 6-4-2 boat so depending on the weather (usually August is not known for it's great sailing conditions) might could take a couple out, especially if folks are down for more than just overnight as won't party while out and we gunna party!. Mostly now that she is ready, we need to get ready. Bigger boats are not unlike trucks, pretty easy to drive but a pain to park. Never had a boat her size and displacement before so gunna have to learn her ways in all conditions and not there quite yet! Imma also thinking if I can engineer it, that my friend Flicka might be there as well and plan to get Bob in trouble with her! Bob, will try to also have some real estate listings for ya to look at in case you need to hide, uh I mean relocate. :)

Susan the Other, i do hope that a Suncat comes into your life by CBMSG but if it hasn't yet you may wish to look at, maybe even sail Mas our little CP16. They are different craft but still designed by Clarkie (Clark Mills) are wonderful little boats and require less treasure to own. She is our teacher to hone keel boat skills (hadn't sailed in over 25 years before all this recent boat foolishness!) and prepare us to better sail Interlude. I will keep Mas until i am so old i can't remember where she was left! Luv that little boat.  :)

So, the game is afoot...!

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Sunapee Sailing

Mas,
Thanks for the invite to go sailing with you.
I do hope to have my SunCat by then but who knows.
I suppose I could borrow back my Hornbeck and .....row.
Dreaming of a SunCat
A Horizon Cat would be great too.

Mas

Well the folks who have weighed in have weighed in for the Cheese Burger in Paradise cookout and marina party weekend on 8/5/17

On board to attend so far:

Rick and Susan
Pedro and Becky
Kevin and Lesa
Bob and  ?

Possible to probable depending:

Susan the Other  (AKA the other Susan, this is getting complicated!)
Dave and Sandy  (sold us Mas)
Mindy  (AKA, sister Merry Blond,  Bob!)

Still haven't heard from:

Wayne and Phylis (his boat will probably be there so guess they will too)
Citroen Dave
Tim and Vickie
TMW ya out there?
Any new victims, uh i mean interested parties!?

Know Heave can't come that weekend. We will have to get together regardless and get Jackie on boats! Don't wanna have to wait till CBMWG 3.0 to see ya again! Let's stay in touch bout ur spring cruise. The OBX is a great consolation prize!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Bob and ?. This is amusing. Yeah, don't expect the Admiral Linda for this epic event. And what's this Kevin and Phyllis? Does Lesa know about this or is there "another Kevin". Geez...this is getting crazy!
And how is this Mindy aka Merry Blonde. Is this your sister, Rick? Can't believe you'd expose your sister to such a rowdy bunch of unsavory characters. I'm speaking of you, my friend! Yes, we have lost track of the beers we owe each other so let's just call it...that you owe me a lot! See how easy math is?
Bob23

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on April 28, 2017, 07:07:44 PM
Bob and ?. This is amusing. Yeah, don't expect the Admiral Linda for this epic event. And what's this Kevin and Phyllis? Does Lesa know about this or is there "another Kevin". Geez...this is getting crazy!
And how is this Mindy aka Merry Blonde. Is this your sister, Rick? Can't believe you'd expose your sister to such a rowdy bunch of unsavory characters. I'm speaking of you, my friend! Yes, we have lost track of the beers we owe each other so let's just call it...that you owe me a lot! See how easy math is?
Bob23

oops! Got that Wayne!

Not my sister nor a real Sister of the Order but a woman who has a little Cape Dory Typhoon, and has dreams of sailing places!

Bob, the math is perfect! We both just need to sit down and get serious about our accounting!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Susan the Other:
  Yes, I know that canoes are paddled and guideboats are rowed. That's why I don't own a canoe! Rowing seems to better fit my backwards personality. I plan to bring mine so it'll be available for anyone to try out. No, I have no financial interest in the company. Just finishing up some winter projects on Straggler so she'll be in pristine shape for the Blackburn.
Rick:
  Love the CD Typhoon. Missed  one last summer on a Triad trailer. I daresay I'd consider trading down my 23  for one. But that dang 23 just has a hold of my heart!

Mas

Yeah Mindy had just gotten out from under a Beneteau, a fairly large one. It just was the wrong boat for her on multiple levels.  She liked No Mas and wanted a smaller boat. I found the Typhoon just posted up in Maryland and dang if she didn't drive up the next day and buy her.

Bob, there is good reason to have your 23 catch your heart, she's good looking and has a great personality! Hard to top that. :)

unless.....MFF
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2