Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMSG 2.0

Started by Mas, March 22, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mas

Chesapeake Bay Mid Summer Gathering  2.0

The gathering, cookout, small craft flotilla, and party is set for August 5th. The cocktail hour is 4ish with music, hotdogs, burgers, cold drinks, beer and wine to follow . A $5 buck contribution is asked from all to the small sailing club having their/our gathering there at the same time for all the food, and drinks. They have encouraged me to have us Compacteers join them yet again, well we are still part of that group too! It was also asked that we kinda split up bringing a side or condiments for the burgers and dogs etc. to go with the same and other sides being brought by others in the club. Be glad to help coordinate that for us.

The pavilions are shaded and covered with, ice, cool clean bathhouses, and the usual amenities available. Very parklike there. We don't have to wait until 4. We are planning to get the antique dinghy wet. Bring some small craft easy to transport, there are also a few kayaks and canoes that are on site. Nice islands close by. Check out  http://www.regentpointmarina.com  for location, directions, and general lay of the land. Do try to come for more than just a day, as there is much to do and some good places to visit very close by.

Good food 100 yds away by water or 5 minutes by road where we have eaten before just to provide additional venues in case:  https://www.rroysters.com/restaurants/merroir

Now how's that for back on topic! Will keep this reply stitched into the inevitable drift that this wandering group of sailors will be guilty of over the next 3 months! It'll be here before ya know it! We still haven't heard from a few suspects, but maybe they are embarrassed to be known with this crew! "Why i would never be a member of a club that would have me as a member!" Yes Groucho I agree. :)
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

You mean they're actually welcoming us back after eating all their food, drinking some of their booze and flirting with all of their women? Wow, great bunch of sailors. Can't wait!! Of course we'll kick in the bucks and goodies. Mas, I think you owe me 5 clams from last year, remember??
Ciao! Bob23

hoddinr

Looks like a really nice facility with a good ramp for launching, and empty slips (?) for transients.

I guess they'll arrange for us to be in slips close to one another.  That would be nice for getting to know each other.

Too bad I can't make it this year.  If we do it again, I'd really like to attend!

Ron

Mas

Oh you can count on that Ron.  So CBMSG 3.0 already brought up and we are still 3 months from 2.0! Enjoy the maritimes, wonderful spots up there. :)
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

It's official, our reservations are set at the Tides Inn for Friday through Monday!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

HeaveToo

Kevin, if you have spare time while you are down there hop a fairy over to Tangier Island.  It is well worth the visit and you will see why I wanted to have a gathering that went over there.  https://tangiercruise.com/tangier-cruises/
Døyr fe, døyr frender
Døyr sjølv det sama
men ordet om deg aldreg døyr
vinn du et gjetord gjevt

Mas

Quote from: HeaveToo on May 04, 2017, 06:50:22 PM
Kevin, if you have spare time while you are down there hop a fairy over to Tangier Island.  It is well worth the visit and you will see why I wanted to have a gathering that went over there.  https://tangiercruise.com/tangier-cruises/

Hey Heave, let's see how your spring cruise is looking weather wise. Maybe a hookup at Tangier!? Summer is too iffy for planning a sailing trip this far in advance as you know! Meanwhile I hope Kevin can find a large "fairy" to hop on. May have to try that, as the regular ferry gets kinda crowded!  :)
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

HeaveToo

Yeah yeah yeah.....Fairy versus ferry.  Autotype is evil!  That isn't the worst one I have seen either.

I will keep you posted.  I have no idea what I am going to do on my cruise.  I just have very rough dates that I can add to or take away from depending on where I go and what I do. 

I digress...the best navigators are not quite sure where they're going until they get there...and then they're still not sure.  LOL

Døyr fe, døyr frender
Døyr sjølv det sama
vinn du et gjetord gjevt

Mas

Quote from: K3v1n on May 04, 2017, 06:32:15 PM
It's official, our reservations are set at the Tides Inn for Friday through Monday!

Nice choice on the accommodations! One beautiful place. You guys did get the suite with all of the extra room right? I mean we all may end up there for the party after the party! Since you guys are down for a few days lets hope the weather cooperates and we can get Lesa at the helm of a PSC31. We can recommend a good mortgage broker, and you may always wonder why the word broker is always associated with a mortgage!

.....I know Bob is supposed to buy ur Dory down the road......still there is MFF, also just down the road from Tides Inn. Jus sayin.  :)

Mas joins Interlude tomorrow, she is getting tired of watching me do field work here....well i guess that does make me "outstanding in my field"....hmmm....just a sampling of the humor we all could be subjected to at CBMG 2.0!

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Tim Gardner

Vicki and I may show up again like bad pennies.  Only one thing will keep us away, I'll keep you posted.
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Tim: Looking forward to seeing you and Vicki there!!!
Bob23

Mas

Quote from: Tim Gardner on May 07, 2017, 12:54:00 PM
Vicki and I may show up again like bad pennies.  Only one thing will keep us away, I'll keep you posted.
TG

Looking forward to it Tim. I had a penny collection as a kid, never had a bad one!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Tis true! I've already placed myself in line as first buyer to Kev and Lesa's Cape Dory even though they don't have it for sale. But they will, or they might, or maybe they do and just don't know it yet. It's nice to be able to stand like a real 21st century human even though, and you all know this: I absolutely love my 23!
Onward!! Bob23

HeaveToo

Standing headroom, that is something I really miss!

The days are counting down until Saga begins a new saga! 

It sounds like you guys are going to have a nice set-up for the gathering.  I am sorry that I will be missing it but at least I will be in the OBX. 
Døyr fe, døyr frender
Døyr sjølv det sama
vinn du et gjetord gjevt

Mas

Oh, Heave, we all were kinda thinking that after the CBMSG is done we all might just head down to visit you guys! The place is big enough right?! You will be missed but hey the OBX is great consolation prize! Keep me posted about your spring cruise plans.

Yup standing headroom, once you reach our age, is standard equipment for a happy wife!

Mas is all hooked up behind the "Land Bruiser" and will be heading down soon to "the Bay". Finally sailing season is now fully open!

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2