a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New to me COMPAC 19

Started by fawsr, February 14, 2012, 10:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes

Most likely a Bosworth "Guzzler" series 500, which is what my 19 came with. You can crawl behind the pump and verify the model. Bosworth's web site www.thebosworthco.com has a "parts" section with exploded diagram. Looks like the replacement handle is about $10 from them. I have also special ordered Bosworth parts from Defender in the past, since their prices were reasonable and I order other stuff frequently from them. They have a helpful special order department.

If you are really cheap, I'll bet you could use a short piece of PVC pipe. But $10 seems like a fair deal to get the real handle with the rubber handle.

Bosworth offers, and Defenders carries, a "rebuild kit" for this pump that I've been seriously considering. I believe it includes replacements for all the rubber parts, including the main diaphragm that does the pumping. With a 24 year old pump I'd feel better knowing the moving parts were in good shape. A project that might have to wait until the winter because it's just too nice to hang around the driveway these days. Got to go sailing!

Wes

"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

fawsr

Thanks a bunch ... that looks like my pump. I'll be ordering me a handle tomorrow.

MacGyver

me too, LOL, might even get a rebuild kit, seals look a little rough.
Former Harbor Master/Boat Tech, Certified in West System, Interlux, and Harken products.
Worked on ALL aspects of the sailboat, 17 years experience.
"I wanted freedom, open air and adventure. I found it on the sea."
-Alaine Gerbault.

noonmark

The rebuild kit is a good idea, especially if you are ordering from them already. At almost 30 years the rubber parts were better than I expected on mine, but still getting a bit dry. Its worth the peace of mind. Ordered my kit from west marine $20-25.
1983 Com-Pac 19 #162
Peconic Bay, NY