a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

went out today

Started by ssullivan, December 02, 2010, 06:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

I went out today....it was a lubberly trip.

Could find no crew, all were either working or engaged in those pre Christmas activities that I think may be taking over the entire month of December. Weather was predicted to scare 50F with winds 8-10 from the SSE.  Now for the lubberly part.  Left the dock and usually detach and stow my three fenders, but decided to leave them hanging for "cleaning".  I had left a reef in the main from the last time I used the boat, and was too lazy to shake it out although the wind was not high.  I usually lift the motor when I get away from the dock and start to sail, but decided today to leave it down.  Going up lake conditions called for me to put up the spinnaker but I decided, since I was single handling, I would just go wing and wing without a pole up the lake.   On the downwind leg, I let the autopilot do all the steering while I enjoyed lunch and a lazy magnolia southern pecan ale.

Never got over four knots, most of the time between two and three but, it was a great trip and the best thing (or maybe the saddest) is that my lubberly condition was observed by no one.  I had the entire lake to myself.

ssullivan

Quote from: HideAway on December 20, 2010, 06:21:16 PM
got out yesterday, started out with winds at 10-12kts out of the NW. we sailed out to the east side of NO Name Key on a broad reach and then ran down the east side of the island using a whisker pole--- SSullivan---

What's your home port? - anywhere near Tampa?  Thinking of sneaking in a sail maybe Sunday if the weather holds .  Matt
im  in big pine key. trying to get out some time this week, i do a lot of chill lubber-y sailing around in the shallows some time its nice to not worry a bout the little  things