a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

went out today

Started by ssullivan, December 02, 2010, 06:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssullivan

Spent a few hours out on my CP-16 The Ayla Marie, it was the first time I've really been able to get out on her since I got her. Winds were out of the NNW at about 15kts 
here are a few pics of me and my girl on her

the boss

me on the tiller

"don't mind the mess of lines" on out way to my canal

on our way down the canal

Stephen

Billy

looks like you guys had fun! Where are you located?

You got a mail sail & boom on that boat? looks kinda high.

Also, what is the board on the pullpit for? is it to support the mast?
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

ssullivan

i live on Big Pine Key in the Florida Keys,  yeah there is a main and boom, its the stock boom but the main sail is small, i lose sail space but its better for me because i'm 6'10" tall.
That is just a piece of 2 by 4 tied across the bow rail for no particular reason. shes a CP-16 I she doesn't have the pulpit.

Bob23

Steve:
  We in the Northeast are happy for you...and jealous!
Best,
Bob23 in NJ

ssullivan

RCAN

Steve,

Pictures look great! We live in Fort Lauderdale. Weather is a bit too cold for us. I guess we're spoiled and like it hot.

Just got the boat early in the year and needed to make some repairs to it. Took most of the summer and only took it sailing twice on Biscayne Bay before the weather "turned" LOL. Hoping for some unseasonably warm weekends. If not, then looking forward to the spring.

With our spanking new trailer we should be able to explore the Keys this summer. Might contact you for some advice on some good locations to sail down there.

Enjoy!

Robert

ssullivan

we should have some real nice weekends left, it is a little chilly for me also but as you can see we got our sweaters on lol. down here there are lots of places to explore, especially in the lower keys, lots of little islands :)   

Billy

I live in Tampa Bay and REALLY want to bring my boat down to the keys. You are very lucky to have such a nice place to sail!

The bow rail is called the Bow Pullpit. I think you may be refering to the bowsprit, that wasn't added until they came out w/ the CPIIs. All samantics really.

And having the high boom seems like a good thing for you then!! Being 6'-10" is a good thing for a FL sailior. If you ever get into trouble, worse case, you can just get out and walk!
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

ssullivan

i always thought the pulpit was like a small bowsprit, thanks for the clear up, and i can almost walk home from everywhere i sail, i stay on the gulf side of the keys between Bahia Honda and  the Contents Keys but mostly. Ayla Marie isnt my first sailer, but deffinatly is my favorite. My first sailer was a 17' dolphin cuddie-cabin i was given when i was 13 (cant believe its been 12 years lol) it was a swing keel boat, was FAST, but kinda hard to sail, hurricane Georges took her away from me :(, i got my CP-16 from a guy that sold his house and needed to get them off the property i actually have 2 of them, but one is in really bad shape (cracked hull and keel mashed cap, but all the rigging and mine had a good hull but missing everything but the mast, so it took me a long wile to get her going, now she sails like a dream but isn't a nice as it will be. it wont take much time but it will take $$.

Salty19

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the boat!

Keep those pictures coming, us northern guys need something to get through the winter. 

Wow, that boom is high!   
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

let me see its gonna be what l high 20s low 30s next week here. can you say jealous. im green. welcome to the site. there isnt a better group of people on the planet.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

ssullivan

ouch... sorry to hear that, you all really seem nice. gonna do some night sailing tonight. give you all a report come Monday.

Salty19

kicknbug and I will be down to go sailing with you tomorrow. Pick us up at the airport??
We'll bring beer, and I promise it will be cold!

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Bob23

Mike:
   I'm hiding in your suitcase! Since Steve is a new guy, let's talk about initiation. How 'bout we all show up as his place in the Keys for the weekend? All in favor say "Aye!"
Bob23

ssullivan

bring boats and tents im island hopping all weekend lol