a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

carlyle lake rendezvous 2010

Started by kickingbug1, December 09, 2009, 09:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

i think we have the dates set for next years carlyle lake rendezvous. it will take place over five days between july 30th and august third, friday thru tuesday. participants can attend all five days or just a part thereof. we plan a meet and greet on friday evening, sailing and bbq on saturday, racing arround the "cans" on sunday with monday and tuesday being "we own the lake" sailing days. rafting up and swimming are included as the sailors wish. i will post detailed information in the near future including lodging options, directions to motels, dining and ramp facilities and the appropriate phone numbers. any comments or questions please e-mail me at www.rocobine1@yahoo.com
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Salty19

Steve,  I'm in!

The event in 2007 was a lot of fun!

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

DOUG142

Hi,
I am back.  New house, we live North of Elkhorn, Wi now .....  busy last several months.  We will mark the rendezvous on our calendar.
New email also......dougmartindale at elknet dot net

email me.....oh I now have 4 1/2 garage for all my sailboats. 
Smile big
Doug
Summer Escape  CP-16
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

kickingbug1

doug, glad to see you back buddy. a garage is heaven to be sure. keep in touch. more details on the rendezvous forthcoming (after christmas)
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

botelerr

Guess I'll need to fix the wheel bearing in the trailer . Carlyle is about 50 miles... is the plan to stay on th CPs or is there a headqtrs hotel ? Or do I throw in the pup tent?
Rob

kickingbug1

there a couple of good motels near the lake although if you want to stay aboard the ramps we used last time are located in a nice protected cove. after christmas i will provide further details. it wont be anything too structured. a meet and greet at a local pub, breakfast on saturday morning, sailing all day saturday, raft up for lunch and swimming. bbq at my house saturday evening (swimming in my lake) sailing sunday monday and tuesday with maybe a "race" day. weather permitting a circle of the lake. your input on activities is more than welcome. doug142 and salty 19 have been down before. i would like to accomodate them as much as possible since they have long drives. welcome aboard

Craig Weis

kickingbug1

thanks for the map skip, but where did you ever find one that didnt have interstate 70 on it. i will provide directions, and lodging info next week. thanks again skip

Craig Weis

There is an interstate 70?
News to me.
I don't travel in that cess pool of 'OBAMA' land.
Though I lived in Glenview, Lincoln, and Normal, Illinois.

I Goggle imaged the place. Copied and pasted.

skip.

Salty19

Doug-  Welcome back!   4 1/2 garages?  Wow!!!  Linda will never see you again.
Hope to see you at Carlyle. I'll pop you an email sometime.

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

kickingbug1

skip, sure wouldnt want to be accused of defending obama, all i know is that politics has been corrupt since time began and will continue to be that way, at least while it remains too large and too well insulated from us. is it a wonder i voted green party in the last election. i only mentioned interstate 70 since it damned near cuts across the country. politics asside, i have lived in illinois most of my life, there are beautiful places and wonderful people here. show me a state that is perfect

DOUG142

A Com-pac 19!  Nice, we keep looking for a 19.  Now with new house, I think my money will be going into the house money pit for awhile.
My brother got us a intercom for Linda to keep tabs on me in the upper garage (workshop).  ha-ha 
One garage has my new 36 year old, been in the water three times Scorpion.
One garage is garden/ lawn tractor/ snowblower storage.
Upper garage is project restore of AMF Force 5 and of course my workshop for the rest.
The Com-pac 16, Summer Escape has a pad right outside, with multi covers over her for now.
Merry Christmas to all.
Doug and Linda

Quote from: Salty19 on December 23, 2009, 10:56:36 AM
Doug-  Welcome back!   4 1/2 garages?  Wow!!!  Linda will never see you again.
Hope to see you at Carlyle. I'll pop you an email sometime.

CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

nies

I believe anyone with four garages should be ban from the site for thirty days until we decide what to do with him........our current Pres. may want to redistribute them..........Phil

Bob23

I agree, Phil. I have no garage and upon learning that Doug has 4 1/2, my self esteem has been damaged. In this land of fairness, Doug should donate at least one full garage to me, and pay to have it shipped to NJ. It's only fair, you know. Of course, I can't be expected to work for it in any way. Thanks, Doug. And thank you, Mr. President.
Bob23
ps. I wonder how long it would take my to trailer my 23 from NJ to Carlyle Lake? Are there any marinas on the lake with a travel lift?

DOUG142

Ok Bob, Phil,
No more bragging about garages.
Yes, I do believe there is a marina with a lift at Carlyle lake.  We saw several large sailboats there.  Even a big Trimaran.  They got them there and in the water somehow.  Kickinbug knows fer sure.
Hope to see all there this Summer.
Doug