a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH 2021

Started by Bob23, February 08, 2021, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Hello all you gnarly wharf rats!! Thought by quarantining yourselves you could hide from me didn't ya! Well it didn't work- here I am!!
  It's the beginning of February in the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty one which means it's time to think about the Bash! Last years was quite subdued with just moi and Kev in attendance but we had a floatable something which could have been construed as a boat so it counts for the record books! A fun inland Bash at the famous Tie One On Tiki bar, most likely frequented by non other than Ernest Hemmingway himself!

So weigh in here me hearties because a fun time will be had by all, if you don't really value your reputation, that is!!

Cheers!!
For the cause, 'cause I can- Bob Twenty-three!

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

gcafaro33

Thinking and hoping all is in the clear for this year!  We will be in - just purchased a Takacat tender for some fun off Tices and other areas of exploration for 2021!  Now just the need some 50-60 degree temps so we can start dusting off Freedom?s winter frost.

Bob23 - she?s on the hard at Long Key, so hopefully we?ll see you around soon!

Gerard
2001 CP 25 - 'Freedom', Takacat 340 lx

Bob23

I do hope that 15th Bash will come to pass. Someone has to get things back to normal and who better than the East Coast Compac-o-nauts!!
Gerard:
  I didn't realize your boat was at Long Key. Mine too, mast down and under shrink-wrap on the main road leading to the office. I guess you're on the other side. I'll be down there more often in the next few weeks as I'm planning a mid to late April launch.
Cheers!
Bob23

Reighnman

IPA EXPRESS will be there for the overnight on Saturday! Only weekends currently booked are 6/12-6/19 for family vacation in OC.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Eagleye

Well we better have a bash this year.  I'm running out of anchor polish just trying to keep it ready.  Time to dunk that anchor in the "bay".  I'l be waiting with bated breath for future news.

-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

gcafaro33

Although I get it?s not the forum for this, I figured its the best group of locals that might have the right answer!  The sail repair shop in Lacey that we used years ago no longer does repairs, said he got too old for it, so now we are looking around for someone else in the area.  Small piece of the Sunbrella cover on the jib is a bit loose and we don?t want it getting any worse, along with a small tear in the main sail cover - anyone have a local repairman they like to use?

Reighnman

I've used Linthicum Sails in Somerdale to clean a sail and stitch an unraveled jib cover. Bit of a hike for you though. That mail cover might just need to be replace given it's original. Bayview Canvas in little egg made the bimini and can probably make a new sail cover and match it to bimini. Let's get some dates going for BBB! Night away from the kids on the boat is sounding more and more exciting.

gcafaro33

Thanks Ryan - will give them a look!  She goes in Friday morning and can?t wait.

Finbar Beagle

Ellen and myself are in, just let us know when.  We are a bit further away now at Beaton and Sons Boat Yard, an additional 2 dark and Stormy?s north of Kettle Creek.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Tim Gardner

Well, When is it? in August?
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Dave Thompson at Cedar Creek Marina, Forked River, formally with Eggers Sailmakers. While at Eggers he made my new set of sails and has done a few repairs for me. Also made my new running rigging as well as stainless steel lifelines for cable rail systems that we use on our construction projects.
Bob23

lkm

I'm down on the Chesapeake this season.  I am unlikely to make it back to Jersey by Aug but will likely be back next year.
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

Reighnman

Sounds like a great adventure for the girls. Hope to one day spend a summer cruising it when the boys are old enough to enjoy it.