a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH 2021

Started by Bob23, February 08, 2021, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

It looks like a full moon on sat July 24th.
Or August around the 20th.

Terrapin is launched, new motor broken in, and ready for 2021 adventure.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

either weekend works for me.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

Gents:
  August 20th doesn't work for me as I'll be at the Woodenboat show in Mystic, CT that weekend. The July 24th might work but how about the previous weekend- July 17th? And I guess we should put together a roster too? Southwinds Marina, where Allen and Marty launched is no longer allowing the use of the ramp for non members but there's another marina down the road "Townends Marina" where I've launched a small rowing boat  and they are more friendly. I'm not sure about slip rentals and availability at Southwinds this year as they might apply their "members only" to boat slips too. I'll look into it.

Cheers my friends!!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

AAARGH, That weekend is Pirates weekend at SML.  An event that's not to be missed by the founding fam, er, CREW. 
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Hey mates!! Might be a change of plans on my end... might not go to Mystic on the 20th of August.
Bob23

Finbar Beagle

Bob,

Thank for doing the scouting.  sad that Southwinds may not be hosting us.  Ok for any alternative.

Up north of the Mantoloking bridge is Trader Cove Municiple.  The have transient slips for @$55 a night, and good ramp.  But need to drive for restaurants...

It would provide access to Metedonk River and northern Barnegat bay.  I have not sailed the Metedeconk river yet.   It would be a lot tighter than way done where you southernn boys are.

Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

So Southwinds isn't doing slips either BUT Silver Cloud Marina which is up the road does have transient slips. $3/ft. or $1.50 if you have BoatUS. Probably cheaper to join the basic membership for $25.  Townsends Marina has a ramp which is on the same road.

Bob23

I'll check with my marina "Long Key Marina" in Waretown. I know they have vacant slips and there's a free ramp just across the lagoon. It's a great blue collar place, no problem with a dock party and of course there's the famous Golden Rock Cafe' conveniently located right next to my boat slip- #53.
More soon,
Bob23

Reighnman

Famous or Infamous? I wasn't planning to overnight on Friday but this seems like a true pirates adventure.

Bob23

Ryan:
  "Infamous" but you probably already knew that! I should have more info tomorrow but in the meantime, how's-about we put together a roster!!

Eagleye

Sorry to say but I'm healing up from some hip and back injuries so I haven't even had the Madame out this year yet.  In any event Suzie and I would enjoy coming down for the party night/dinner/festival.  Keep us posted.
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

K3v1n

So is there a working date for this shindig?

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Good question Kev. Weigh in gents. Or ladies too!
A few updates: My marina, Long Key no longer has any slips available. And the ramp at Townsends is sketchy at best. Lots of broken concrete and crowded, could be a real problem at low tide. A while back I launched one of my small rowing craft there and it was ok because I don't need the tires in the water.

K3v1n

As someone had mentioned, we should at least do dinner... Septemberish? ....At the Waterfront(Latitudes)

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

I was away for a long weekend, rowing in Cape Ann, MA and didn't check in here but I did have a thought or two.
   Dinner on Friday somewhere is a must! Let's all do it and raise our glasses to toast the event.
   Seems like boat slips have become an issue and the number of boaters seem to be limited to myself, Brian and Ryan. How about we fend for ourselves for the slips but still plan a Saturday sail meet up at Tice's or some where we can all agree on. The weekend of August 20th works for me ok but I'm not locked into that.

Your thoughts ladies and gents!
Bob23