a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH 2021

Started by Bob23, February 08, 2021, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renae

With highest hopes that the show will go on, you may want to consider that mid-September is going to coincide with a steep upslope in the fourth wave.  Plan accordingly, and tentatively.

Bob23

bruce

Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

K3v1n

We should get together before Labor Day just in case, you know.... Lock Down 2.0  ;)
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Reighnman

My brother is coming in August 20th so that weekend is out. I'm good for dinner the following weekend 8/28 or 9/11.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Finbar Beagle

Folks,

1) will plan to be off of tices shoal on Sunday August 22, before noon, weather permitting.  If possible, will anchor off tices sat night.  Friday I have to work at my Church picnic, but they do have beer and wine?.

2) annual dinner is in plan, hopefully September we will be free to meet.  If need be, we could host a get together at our house, if our kitchen ever gets completed.  Cabinets going in this week?
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

Attention all Bashers!!
  Looks like this year will be an unconventional Bash, but let's not let that stop us! You may remember last years Bash was held at the Tie One On Tiki Bar with only 3 attendants- Myself, Kev and mutual friend Dennis. And although it was held nearly 10 miles inland, we did have a floatable pool toy which could have been construed as a boat. So the judges ruled that it was an official Bash! The judges being us!!
  Sounds like this years Bash will be primarily a dinner which has always been the start of every Bash nearly since it's inception 14 years ago. I think 14.. but the years blur together. So let's plan on a dinner sometime in September, the 11th was mentioned and I'm free that day, me thinks. If some of us can sail together on that date or before or after that, all the better.
  So what say ye, merry men and ladies? All in favor, say "aye"!
Bob23

K3v1n

So are you suggesting Friday night the 10th for dinner or Saturday night with some possible day sailing on Saturday?

Sunday the 12th and the weekend of the 18th are not good for us.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Reighnman

I can do either the 10th or 11th for dinner. Doubtful I'll bring the boat up for a day sail.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

I am hereby officially suggesting dinner on Friday night, September 10th at... somewhere! With a day sail the following day, Saturday September 11th, possible meet up at Tice's for lunch.
Let's get a roster together, shall we? I'll call Marty, haven't seen him on here lately.
Cheers!! Let the Bashing begin!!!
Bob23

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Finbar Beagle

Friday September 10 sounds like plan.

May not be off or Tices tomorrow due to Henri?

Will confirm with the boss lady admiral?

Finbar Beagle

Admiral Ellen approved.  We are in for Sept 10th dinner- target Tices for lunch (depends how much grog on Friday night, as we would sail done next morning) on Sep 11.

Bob23

Great!! I called Marty and he's in too! I'll give Allen (aka Mr. Anchor Mirror man) a few days to read here before I pester him via phone call. Sailing the next day sounds good too.
Cheers!
bob23