Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1993 23/3 Refit

Started by USMCR O-5, November 17, 2020, 08:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renae

Quote from: USMCR O-5 on April 15, 2021, 11:12:17 PM
Ranae, the company that makes it, Alexseal, calls it topside paint. I used that word in conjunction with primer just to show that I used both.  I will be moving on to red bottom paint as soon as I color-sand, cut and buff the Flag Blue hull and add a white boot stripe.

At that point, your deck will be white, your topsides Flag Blue and your bottom red.  Your craftsmanship looks excellent.

USMCR O-5

Thanks!  It's been a lot of work. The Florida rep for Alexseal has been a tremendous help. He gave me his cell phone number and answers text questions all the time.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

USMCR O-5

Well, after looking at what was a pretty good paint job done in my driveway, I was given access to an air conditioned garage for a few weeks and I'm going for a "perfect" paint job.  More sanding...
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

USMCR O-5

Got another coat of paint on last night.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

USMCR O-5

The paint dried quite well. I also painted the boot stripe today.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

Tim Gardner

Looks Great.  Mines next on your list ;<)
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

brackish

That is a fantastic paint job.  Thanks for keeping us up to date.  Do you have a projected launch date yet?

USMCR O-5

The interior is still an empty shell so we'll turn to that next.  I hope to have her in the water in the next 6-12 months.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

Renae

That will be interesting, particularly if you don't follow the factory layout.

USMCR O-5

While the factory layout is good, I plan to improve on it a bit using marine plywood and epoxy with a slightly different plan.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

USMCR O-5

Now on to the trailer!  33-year-old Magic Tilt that I got with no brakes.  Completely original with springs that broke as I took them out.  One axle, all four springs, all four hubs and bearing sets, brakes, brake lines and a new surge coupler at the front.  Now I'm road legal and wouldn't hesitate to take this on a very long trip... several are anticipated.
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

USMCR O-5

More photos
Retired USMC
Retired NYPD
Florida RE/MAX Realtor
Life is good...

USMCR O-5

Another photo