a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Mid Winter Gathering 2020

Started by Bob23, November 09, 2019, 06:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Thanks Ryan...he did call and I'll call him back today.  Yeah, I'll cut a deal. At the gathering he'll get the new guy discount- he gets to pay the entire bill!! Don't say anything, he'll find out at the gathering. What a lovely surprise for him!
Bob23

Bob23

Ok men (and ladies). How about a final headcount? Here's what I have:
The Admiral and I
Kev and Lesa
Allen and Suzie
Ryan and---bring the whole fam!
Brian and Ellen
Marty and whoever he shows up with
Nick who bought Ryan's 25

Who have I missed?

Finbar Beagle

Feb 22 looks good for Ellen and me.

Terrible winter of working on the house, I guess this is what other people do when we are sailing.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

brackish

Quote from: Bob23 on January 25, 2020, 11:42:35 AM
Ha, great! We have two now where are the rest of you lazy rum drinkin' bilge cleaners??

I resent that, I've never been known to clean my bilge.

However, it is as usual an RSVP of regrets.  Too busy, too far and additionally there is the ever present danger of my unpaid initiation fee.  Why the principal along with ten years of interest at Bob's rates put the total at the GDP of a small country.  And, since Senior Fleet Admiral Extraordinaire AKA his Timness is displaying his normal sound judgement and traveling south rather than north in the middle of February, there will be no one there to protect me from what could turn out to be a plank walking event.

Maybe some year this event will coincide with a visit to my Philly suburb living son's home, but for this year all of you have a great time.

Bob23

Brack- You show and I'll waive any and all of your fees including the ones you've neglected to pay! Sure would love to have you attend this unruly bunch of anchor polishing catboat jib tenders!

Bob23

Update: Nick and his wife will be attending, too. Nick is the new owner of Ryan's 25 and is new to the forum here so let's all try to be on our best behavior and.....oh hell. Who am I kidding!! We'll just be ourselves and have boatloads of fun!
Cheers!
Bob23

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on January 27, 2020, 07:56:31 PM
Brack- You show and I'll waive any and all of your fees including the ones you've neglected to pay! Sure would love to have you attend this unruly bunch of anchor polishing catboat jib tenders!

Well as already revealed, a stealth visit had been in the works for when it was a February 1 gathering and that both Tim and I will now be otherwise disposed for the 22nd date. This does mean an actual plan to come had been placed into the works, so ya never know when us south of the border Compacteers may choose to invade the north.

I did wanna weigh in on Bob's "catboat jib tenders" comment.....I love volunteering to manage the jib on catboats! Such an important crew position leaves my hands more available for holding non PBR's! Jus sayin.

Meanwhile, still up on the mountain where it just started snowing again and new terrain was just opened this morning so.....
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

brackish

I did wanna weigh in on Bob's "catboat jib tenders" comment.....I love volunteering to manage the jib on catboats! Such an important crew position leaves my hands more available for holding non PBR's! Jus sayin.

Watch out Mas, you might recall we had a member, Capt_Nemo who very effectively added a sprit and a jib to his Suncat.  With that attitude you could end up working a very small foredeck at some time in the future.

Going to my mountain mid march.  Hope I don't break anything except my equipment.  Skis easy to replace, 73 YO bones, not so much.

Mas

Quote from: brackish on January 31, 2020, 09:52:58 PM

Watch out Mas, you might recall we had a member, Capt_Nemo who very effectively added a sprit and a jib to his Suncat.  With that attitude you could end up working a very small foredeck at some time in the future.

Going to my mountain mid march.  Hope I don't break anything except my equipment.  Skis easy to replace, 73 YO bones, not so much.

Ya just gotta be willing to watch out for such things! At least with a small foredeck ya won't misplace your drink. Just gotta keep it out of the drink!

Totally hear ya on the broken bone part, been there done that now so checked that box. Not far behind ya in years Brack. Still not 100% a year later but am riding that horse again!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

ATTENZIONE::
  I am securing a table for 14 at 6pm at Hotel LBI as the place where we'll least likely to get arrested. Looking forward to this monumental event. If I've missed someone, speak now or forever hold your beer! I'll make the rez under my name which is spelled Bob Twenty Three! See you all there. If this time doesn't work for anyone, please pm me or better yet, drop a text or call my cell. I think you all have it.
Let the wild times begin!!
Bob23

Eagleye

Great job, Bob!   Suzie and I will be coming in on Friday.  We'll check in with thy local bail bonds just to give them a heads up.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

Great Allen. But I've already pre arranged bail for everyone. Funny thing though- they charged double for you!
Here's the link I forgot to include last night!

https://hotellbi.com/
Cheers!

Bob23

Reservations made! Under my name Bob Errico. Just in case any of you thought my last name was Twenty three! 6pm on 2/22/2020, Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
Please write back if you cannot make it so I can change the rez. But you better be there!!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

Just to make you MWG folks think warmly of me at your table,  The Admiral and I'll be lounging in summer-like weather in Ft. Myers FL, prior to sailing into the Caribbean Sea aboard a cruise ship.

EYHO Y'all!

TG  (His Timness)
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Quote from: Tim Gardner on February 10, 2020, 08:23:24 AM
Just to make you MWG folks think warmly of me at your table,  The Admiral and I'll be lounging in summer-like weather in Ft. Myers FL, prior to sailing into the Caribbean Sea aboard a cruise ship.

EYHO Y'all!

TG  (His Timness)

Here's hoping that the only Corona related issues that happen on your cruise have limes stuck in the top!

....meanwhile Bob don't forget we threatened to come under stealth mode, so you will never be secure in the knowledge that the gathering will be safe. You dodged the bullet this year by changing the date but in the future.......
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2