Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Mid Winter Gathering 2020

Started by Bob23, November 09, 2019, 06:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Mernin' mates!
Bet you thought I'd forgotten about this epic gathering of the East Coast squadron of Compac-o-nauts international! Ha, you won't get off that easy!
  So with Thanksgiving fast approaching, Christmas around the next corner and the end of the year not far behind, let's plan the next Mid Winter Gathering! I've forgotten what number this is but what matters is that we meet to celebrate our common love for the wind and water.
  I'm thinking mid January after the holiday rush is done but before all of our credit card bills arrive! What say ye merry ladies and gents? Are you ready to toss your reputation to the wind and throw your lot in with this questionable group of wharf rats?

Cheers!!
Bob23

Tim Gardner

HMMM, January is hardly midwinter.   I can hear Florida whispering "O Great And Wonderful Admiral Tim, come visit your grandchildren in balmy,  sunny Florida"  To which Admiral Vicki says" I, OGWAT, am retired, and wish to do so"

Minwinter is the first week of February,  CC Bill's notwithstanding.
TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Finbar Beagle

Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

Arrgh! Count this pirate as a yea! My reputation lays at the bottom of Barnegat Bay!
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Not yet but I'm toying with The Shrimp Box in Point Pleasant, it's on the waterfront.   But I'm open to suggestions! Let's keep those cards and letters coming kids!

Eagleye

Hey Folks,
I have been out of the loop for a while.  This retirement thingy is keeping us busy but I just checked in and saw the post.  Suzie and I always enjoy the getaway but we are not available until January 25 and any weekend after that.  Any restaurant option would be great with us.
Keep us posted.
-Allen

"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

Thanks gents!!
  Taking Allen's available dates, how about we shoot for April Fools Day? Kind of funny....chime in and let's discuss dates and where!

for the cause...'cause I care!!
Bob23

Reighnman

I'm free most weekends expect the ones the admiral has unknown plans which could be many of them. She's on maternity leave and keeps insisting we do things together all weekend! She clearly hasn't read any pirate novels. Bad weekends for me are 1/25, and 2/8. I wouldn't work around me, we're also clearing out the house in preparation for a potential move 6 blocks east to another town with better schools for these freeloaders.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

Ryan. So April 1st is good? Bring the Admiral and freeloaders along! They'll eventually learn of the kind if people their dad is hanging around with!
Bob23

Bob23

Correction men. Bob23 must've been hittin' the rum early. Not April 1st- February 1st!

Eagleye

February 1st is good for us.  I hope you can find a place that will allow/tolerate riffraff such as us.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Tim Gardner

Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

K3v1n

Feb 1 sounds pretty good.

Check out Hotel LBI
https://hotellbi.com/dining/

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

I tried to "like" this...then I remembered I wasn't on FB!!
Me thinks this is a great idea! Whatch y'all think?
Bob23