a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMSG 2.0

Started by Mas, March 22, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Oh boy...this sounds like trouble. Can't wait!!

Wayne J

Sorry - I have to stay close to home as 5th grandchild was just welcomed to the world on Saturday.  Our role -to be ready to help out as we can for the next few months.

I'll be there with you at 5pm as I lift a virtual PBR!

Wayne (cheaper)
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Mas

Hey Wayne, congrats on the grandkiddo! Helping with our grandson has also been some of the reasons we have been close to home this past month. Will raise a glass to ya (won't be PBR!) at 5!

....now Bob on the other hand may have more than one PBR raised!

T minus 5 and counting
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Well, it seems that the weather will cooperate for everyone's trip and visit The commodore of our little sailing club asked me to arrange the weather since they were arranging everything else so..........! Sure wish i coulda sent some of this weekend's weather up to Jersey last weekend, but it appears that folks from up there are now primed for land based frolic and fun!

We will be arriving early Saturday hopefully well before 12. Gotta run to Deltaville to fetch something from West Marine but should be in celebration mode no later than 2 and we don't plan to be out of gas when the light turns green at 4! Not sure when MFF is arriving and also not clear if Pedro and Richard are coming by sea as well. Regardless i am sure that this combination of weather, setting and mostly folks of dubious character will get this gathering off to a great start! Remember that they will be collecting $5 from everyone at the party and sides are still appreciated but they totally understand that some of you are driving a good distance and might not be able to bring such. We are bringing a little extra as a result. The gathering lasted well into the late night last year, so pace yourselves! Hear that Bob! (Sister Merry Blond was mumbling about making Mud Slides, could be trouble)

This may end up being a major cross pollination event with not only CYOA folks and RPYC folks but possibly another couple from that "other forum" that we have been known to hang out on some, you know, the PSC crowd.  :)

We will have to see how timing looks on Sunday based upon what time we roll out of our berth, but we are hoping to visit the Deltaville Maritime Museum or maybe the Presidential Yacht, Sequoia. Last time at CBMWG 2.0 she was all wrapped up like a caterpillar. Any thoughts about that Pedro?

T minus 3
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Well, for the most part what happens at the Barnegat Bay Bash stays at the Bash. But I'll spill some beans by telling you we had a very nice Tequila tasting aboard Larry's new Catalina 32. The good news is we didn't finish it all. The better news is I may bring down my offering of Herradura and Milagro. The  best news is...well, you'll just have to find out for yourself.
  See ya'll there!!!

K3v1n

Quote from: Bob23 on August 03, 2017, 07:33:07 PM
But I'll spill some beans by telling you we had a very nice Tequila tasting aboard Larry's new Catalina 32.

And now you know how much Bob had to drink because the Tequila tasting took place on Dorothea, the wine tasting took place on Larry's boat. :D
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Whoopsie! I stand corrected. Fill disclosure: Started with beer with Eagle Eye, wandered over to the Tiki bar where 2 Dark and Stormies were enjoyed, then we made our way to Dorothea where said Tequila tasting occurred. Next we staggered over to Larry's boat to sample (ok, more than sample) some nice red wine. To ensure proper hydration (all that drinking can rob the body of needed water) Allen and I stayed up till 0100 hours local time attempting to empty his cooler of beer. We didn't quite succeed...decided to save some for breakfast!

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on August 03, 2017, 09:14:43 PM
Whoopsie! I stand corrected. Fill disclosure: Started with beer with Eagle Eye, wandered over to the Tiki bar where 2 Dark and Stormies were enjoyed, then we made our way to Dorothea where said Tequila tasting occurred. Next we staggered over to Larry's boat to sample (ok, more than sample) some nice red wine. To ensure proper hydration (all that drinking can rob the body of needed water) Allen and I stayed up till 0100 hours local time attempting to empty his cooler of beer. We didn't quite succeed...decided to save some for breakfast!

Well, clearly we have professional level drinkers coming. So, wuddaya say to a drunken sailor, drunken sailor, wuddya say to a drunken sailor earlie in the morning......you know the tune! So let's review what we know, Sister Merry Blond is planning to make Mudslides, the RPYC is serving beer and wine, we are planning to serve some bourbon and ginger kombucha, Bob is bringing tequila, hmmm....maybe we otta be wearing our PFD's? Well all of the docks do have at least two ladders. We'r gunna need to pace ourselves or we will never be able to have "Whiskey for Breakfast" another great tune!

At least my first lesson on-board Interlude last year was Richard showing me the proper way to pee without falling overboard!

Since this is a Cheese Burger in Paradise themed gathering, flowered shirts are encouraged, and Jimmy Buffet has this on his "May or May not be There" tour schedule. We are trying to make him feel welcome as he owned a MFF. There will be music, and surely stories of crusing adventures.

Now as far as that surprise Bob....can't wait!

T minus 1
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

I'll be bringing Jack Fire and Vodka! Along with assorted soft drinks to mix. :D
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

Quote from: K3v1n on August 04, 2017, 12:45:32 PM
I'll be bringing Jack Fire and Vodka! Along with assorted soft drinks to mix. :D

Oh that's just great........Susan is also now mumbling about gin and tonic. We definitely are gunna need PFD's.  :)

It is looking like this will go down in the books as an event I hope we all are able to remember! Weather is shaping up nicely. It is also looking like a couple from "that other forum" will be coming as well. They have a Monty 15 so are not strangers to small craft. Been lusting after a PSC, thus their presence on that forum. It truly is the most we can do to stoke those fires for all our friends!

Now just hoping that Jimmy can find the place okay!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

We have arrived at the Tides Inn. Holy cow! This place is fancy, good thing I brought some nice shirts. Already a few drinks in and sitting over looking the water with the sun setting and live music playing. I Love Virginia!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

On the road.....it begins! What a day out there. Should be at the boat by noonish.

CBMSG 2.0 is on the launch pad and fully fueled up!  Good to know Kevin and Lesa are already in orbit.  Yup Tides Inn is quite the place. Doesn't get much nicer.  :)

T minus 7hrs to liftoff   
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

Headed over to Deltaville this morning, see you all soon!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Mas

Well more to follow as just now nursing coffee aboard......a late bonfire, full moon, NW winds, cold beer, good friends (even if we all are, as Lesa pointed out, Internet dates!) and a great cross pollination of a sailing community with PSC folks, RPYC folks and of course CPYOA folks! A few dozen of us gathered together because of this thing called sailing.

Sorry u missed MFF Bob, but she was looking good! Hope ur better, you were missed. There was a conspicuous absence of PBR as a result!

CBMWG 3.0?  :)
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2