a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH 2021

Started by Bob23, February 08, 2021, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagleye

Thanks for the call Bob. It distresses me that we wont't be able to make it down this year due to an unavoidable conflict.  We certainly will miss seeing you all but we will definitely be thinking about you.
Have a great time and we will be looking towards the mid winter gathering.
Allen & Suzie   
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

I understand Allen, and no worries. Actually Suzie sent me your credit card info so in a way, you will be there!!
Enjoy the rest of the summer... hope you've been sailing more than I have!!
Bob23

jthatcher

Hey Bob,
  Quite a few years have passed since my last involvement with the group, but it is great that you are keeping the tradition rolling along.  Last evening we picked up a coworker at the marina and had a beautiful evening sail on the Sheepscot river.   Janet will be back in school next week.  With me working at the fuel dock on weekends, our sailing opportunities will be limited the rest of the season.  Give our best to Marty and the rest of the crew who show up.  And, put a visit to Maine on your calendar for 2022. :)  jt

lkm

It turns out we might be a surprise guests after all.  The boat is now back in Forked River and that weekend just opened up.  So weather permitting where we will be out there.  Probably just me for dinner, but wife/kids likely for the raft up.  / Larry
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

Bob23

Attenzione!
  I've taken the liberty to reserve an outside table for 12 at the Waterfront in Forked River (the restaurant formally known as Lattitudes) for Saturday 9/10 at 1800 hours local time. So covid be damned, the Bash must go on! See you there!
Bob23

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

JT: Good to hear from you and I'm happy things are well with you and Janet. Although you rarely check in here, you are a lifetime Basher! Once you're in, you're in for good!

We will raise a glass in your honor on the 10th and yes, I'd love to get to Maine to see you both. My old friend Andrew just retired in Boothbay and he's been bugging me to visit too. Sounds like I need a 2 week road trip!

Cheers my friend!

Larry:  Looking forward to seeing you on the 10th and sailing on the 11th! Give our best to Lexi and the girls!

Bob23

Bob23

IMPORTANT BASH UPDATE!!!!!
Now that I have your attention, the Bash 2021 is fast approaching with dinner this Friday 9/10/21 1800 hours local time (6pm for you landlubbers) at the Waterfront on East Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ. I've reserved an outdoor table for this most momentous occasion. It's a scaled down Bash of sorts with the aforementioned dinner followed by some sailing (hopefully) on Saturday and possible raft up at Tice's or somewhere else where the authorities can't find us!!

So far its us, Kev and Lesa, Marty and guest, Larry, maybe Dennis, Brian and Ellen and whoever else I may be missing. My shoe phone number is 609 709 3910 in case you need me. See you there!!

Bob23
http://thewaterfrontnj.com/index.html

K3v1n

Bash 2021 Dinner tonight!

Sorry to say the Bronze 'Chicks' won't be able to attend.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Bob23

Bash report! Even though the famous Bronze Chicks couldn't make it, 6 of us east coast Compac-o-nauts gathered on the 10th of September in the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty one (that's this year folks) at the Waterfront for a fun dinner and drinks. Kev and I ingested 3 rum runners each (they didn't taste strong) but they were! Good company, good fun.

Present were Kev and Lesa, our resident accountant and bail bondswoman (just in case), Larry, Ryan, myself and the Admiral Linda. We had fine seats and were able to watch the sun set over the lovely NJ horizon!! Thank you for everyone who risked their reputation and made this possible! Free CPYOA memberships for 2022!!!

Only 2 of us had boats available for Saturdays sail and me like a bozo, listened to the weather forcasting very light winds so I went rowing. Of course, the wind was fine and Larry and family enjoyed some brisk afternoon winds on the Barnegat Bay, yes the very same bay the Dutch explored many moons ago!!

Stay tuned for information on the up coming Mid Winter Gathering, 2022.

Bob23