- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2019

Started by kickingbug1, October 08, 2018, 09:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

PJ: It's worth it! I drive 14 hours!

kickingbug1

pj, you don't have to feel obligated to bring the horizon cat (although I love them) if the sage 15 is easier to tow. we will do our best to make the trip worthwhile. my gosh if you bring the sage no one will have a chance in the race. the best thing about an event like this is the people. they are fantastic
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

PJ

Thanks, Sarah will be with me so the Horizon will work out better for a week onboard.  I have listed the Sage for sale this week, so it may not even be an option as I have someone pretty interested already.  ;)
s/v Good Tidings

kickingbug1

im guessing that you sail Kentucky lake. I plan on a week of sailing there in july. glad to hear that you and sarah are coming and to be honest the horizon cat has that sage beat hands down for looks.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

PJ

Kentucky Lake is awesome, kept both my Island Packet and my Flicka on Kentucky Lake.  Just be careful of the coal barges, they are fast and appear often.
s/v Good Tidings

kickingbug1

planning on sailing with a friend, Matt, who you will meet at the rendezvous. he sails a fast hunter 19 and has been on Kentucky a number of times. only thing I cant understand if why they don't have docks next to the ramps. you would think with all the boats coming there that they would. Carlyle, on the other hand is very easy to launch on.

PJ

Green Turtle Bay resort has a temp dock next to ramp.  It is on Barkley but you take the nearby canal to KY Lake.
s/v Good Tidings

kickingbug1

thanks, ill look into it