a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

clr 2019

Started by kickingbug1, October 08, 2018, 09:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

sarah was just thinking of sailboats and anchors motif (for the decorations) but I like your idea better. ill give her the word. looks like we might have a good "fleet" this year. if we do night sail (gotta be a full moon) we can just use two or three of the bigger boats. if you have never sailed at night I can assure you it is pretty cool. as I have said no activity is mandatory. what is mandatory is that you all have fun and sarah (especially her) and I will do our best to see that you do. it will be so great to see our clr group again. if any of you have comments or suggestions please share them with us. we want this years clr to be the best one ever. p.s. don't let the "race" idea bother you. its just a bunch of boats sailing around some marks, nothing hardcore (the opposite of any yacht club event to be sure and it does make for some laughs. a special challenge to roger from the Audrey j
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

rogerschwake

I'll be putting a super smooooth bottom on that will be nothing but fast, so be ready. Also I can fill you in on the rest of the story of the trip to the north channel trip last summer.

ROGER

crazycarl

Quote from: rogerschwake on February 06, 2019, 08:31:24 PM
I can fill you in on the rest of the story of the trip to the north channel trip last summer.

ROGER

ROGER!  You signed the agreement!  Beware, if you divulge any of Chris or my "mishaps",  we can divulge yours.  AND, if you think you didn't have any, wait to hear what i come up with!

Besides, sailors are notorious for telling tales, and you're one hell of a sailor, so your word means diddley.
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

kickingbug1

carl, however you and chris choose to "self identify" if fine by me
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

kickingbug1

looks like we will have a nice mixture in the fleet this year, two or three 19s, three suncats, one or two eclipses, a couple of 16s, a hor izon cat, a hunter 19, two capri 18s, and maybe (hopefully) a flying scot. I know you guys don't want to race but, come on..

kickingbug1

where are you from pj?

crazycarl

called the marina today and they're not taking reservations until May, so mark your calendars.

if we reserve early, they'll place us all together.

to save $, i've talked joanie into staying on the boat this year.  it shouldn't be too hot in June, and with power dockside, a box fan laid atop the front hatch does a great job of drawing the cool night air through the companionway screen.

for those tht may choose to bring an open boat, there is a camp ground an easy bicycle ride away.

kickingbug1

hopefully, mike and Brenda will make it this year. hoping mike (salty) changes his mind and brings island time. ill probably bring the bass boat to set the race marks, I know I always want to race. we could call  it cruising in close proximity.  im thinking I might do a practice race this spring with matt and rich

kickingbug1

I haven't as yet calculated the distance from the dam to the silo. when I do that I can figure start times for each vessel. each captain will be assigned a start time( by the clock). you may start after that time but not before. this should keep the fleet together at the raft up. during the "cruise" those that want to race can do so. those who want to race the course will have a short easy one with markers 1/3 of a mile apart. this should make it much easier for skippers to see them. I haven't decided whether to have a triangular course of just windward and leeward marks. I will try each this spring. sailors will be provided with maps and start times at the Monday meet and greet. hopefully we can race on Tuesday sometime after breakfast. again, and I cant stress this enough, the "race" is just for fun and bragging rights. also a great photo op. those who don't want to race can either sail along with the racers or anchor near the marks cheer us on or shoot us with water canons. we will have a more organized "corn hole" tourney this year with a prize for the winner. im thinking of awarding three trophies this year as well but haven't decided what for exactly (well grounded anchor --for sure). anyway, the event starts on Monday the 24th with the "meet and greet" 7pm and bretz winery. participants can contact me either here, e-mail fordtruck52@yahoo or 317) 292-0258

Bob23

Did you say water cannons???

kickingbug1

I had you in mind bob

Bob23

Nice. You are sooo thoughtful!

crazycarl

you say you're interested in attending the best get together in the midwest but you don't have boat?

no problem!  bring your towing rig, stay for the weeks activities, and leave with a compac 23!

http://sailingtexas.com/201901/scompac23157.html

Bob23

A mark 3- the best!!

PJ

Steve, I am an hour south of Louisville Ky (White Mills). Looks like 4 hours or so to the event for me.

PJ
s/v Good Tidings