Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New CP19 Owner!

Started by K3v1n, August 26, 2006, 02:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3v1n

Yep...I did it! Com-Pac 19!

Put a deposit down today and hope to take delivery later this week. Still trying to figure out where to park her for the rest of the season. Also it didn't come with a trailer so I'm off to order one of them, they say it'll take about a week to get together and ready.

So here she is for $2900.00

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Paul

Congrats on the new purchase.  :D

Keep us updated.

NormD

Congratulations! She looks terrific, and you sure got a sweet deal!

Used 19s are sure hard to find. Any tips on locating one, other than just Google it?

K3v1n

Thanks!
I actually had three for sale locally. This one being the best deal!

I guess I got lucky.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

dusty

luck, stars aligned, kharma, ran into some sevens, somethin'.

congrats, man. stunning creature of a boat! she looks solid.

mgoller

Great Photos, congratulations.  That is a very nice model of the 19.  The upholstery looks like new.  In fact the whole boat looks like it came out of a time capsule.  Hey and the outboard looks about right and the white engine cover doesn't detract from the boat.
Now, you are going to have to look real hard to find things to do to this one, maybe you will have to just sail!
Let us know how you like the handling.  I like it better than the 16. 
I remember my little kids loved the 16 for its cabin and then loved the 19's cabin and deck more.  They play with their toys, play cards, eat snacks while I sail.

K3v1n

I forgot about that 7's thing, that's weird but when it comes to boats and water there seems to be strange unexplained occurrences.

As to work to be done, well first the exterior teak needs some attention and then the inside could use a little touch up. But for now I just plan to sail her the rest of the season. I'll have to get Floridaze sold before I can really go crazy. I want to definitely get set up for overnighting next summer. Head out after work on Friday and don't come back until Sunday kind of thing.

I know I'm going to love those storage compartments in the cockpit, not much room on the 16 for all your stuff. The rails and safety lines are a great addition as well since my daughter loves to walk around the boat. And the bowsprit will be great as well for I can now keep the anchor out all the time. I don't pick her up until Saturday, boy it's going to be a loooooong week.

Plan to get my potentially last sail on my 16 today. I left her in this week so I need to pull her out today and begin a good clean up and remove all our gear.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Ralph Erickson

Kevin, Congratulations!  She looks great, and what a good deal!  I'm looking at a CP19 here in the northeast, and it needs a new trailer (or repair to the existing trailer).  Where did you find your new trailer, and can I ask how much it's costing you?  Thanks!!!

Ralph
CP19II #347
"Patricia Lee"
www.sailaway.smugmug.com/boats

K3v1n

Hey Ralph,
I'm getting the trailer from Mariner's Marina in Barnegat.
Ends up after tax around 1600. Then it'll be another 8.50 per foot for them to lift the boat onto the trailer and make all needed adjustments, ie. winch height, tongue weight etc. I am hoping to save up the money to moor her at their marina next year. It is a very nice facility though not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. I know the ladies of the family will love to hang around the marina, showers,bathrooms and clubhouse.
;)
http://www.thesaltydog.com/marinersmarina.htm

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Ralph Erickson

Kevin, in my opinion, there is nothing like being able to just drive to the marina, take the sail cover off the main, put on the jib, and be out of the slip and out on the lake within 10 minutes!  The marina is an expense, but worth it in my book, if you can afford it. 

You say there were three for sale locally - the one I'm looking at is in Tuckerton, NJ.  Where is the other?
CP19II #347
"Patricia Lee"

K3v1n

I looked at the one in Tuckerton, the other is in Brick.
Here is the link>>>

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/197259318.html

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

K3v1n

Picked up the new boat yesterday, Sunday. Made the sail north from Spraybeach to Waretown. It took about 5 hours with over half the time motor sailing for lack of wind. I found a slip for the month of September so I can sail her a bit before pulling her out. My daughter Robin and I will be taking Mom out today; she has seen the boat but has not sailed on her yet, so today is the day to win the wife over. ;)

She, the wife, also known as Lesa, has also come up with the name for our new to us Com-Pac. This great little yacht has lived twenty years with no official name until now. She grabbed the name from a Kenny Chesney song "You save me". I had told her I didn't want to use the Floridaze name, that was fun and all but I wanted a more serious name of sorts. I'm thinking Greek mythology or constellations; all I got was a blank stare.

So at the time we were listening to Mister Chesney as I cooked breakfast. The song You Save Me came on, which the wife loves by the way. I flippantly said..."Well find a name in this song!". Next thing I know she comes into the kitchen and says..."Gypsy Soul" and immediately I was like yeah, I could see that...Great!

As the fates would have it, it also goes back to an old Billy Joel song the wife and I wanted to use as our wedding song but never did. The song "You're my home" has the Gypsy Soul line in it as well. It's a match made in heaven!

Please welcome 'Gypsy Soul', an official naming ceremony will follow in the days ahead. She is a 1985 Com-Pac 19, of course, hull number #267.

Huzzah!

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Ralph Erickson

Kevin, Congratulations!   You must be on cloud 9!  Good name choice, too.  K. Chesney has some great beach/sailing/nautical songs, so Lesa picked well!  Enjoy!

Ralph
CP19II #347
"Patricia Lee"

K3v1n

Thanks Ralph,
Here we are out on the boat!
Lesa and Robin and my brother's boat next to us with his whole family aboard.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/Gypsy_Soul/th_100_2098.jpg

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

B.Hart

CONGRATULATIONS!! I want one too! I know this compac has found a happy home.