a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Pics of new boat

Started by rbh1515, March 10, 2015, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blighhigh

Just curious about the entranceway into the cuddy cabin.  It looks as though the doors will not clear the cockpit seats.  Is that correct or do they open inwards?

rbh1515

They swing out, and then can be lifted off...see pic

2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

rbh1515

"A family of three were drifting a half mile from shore on a lake at night to watch the moon rise. Family was leaning against the life line in a Helms 27. The life line broke and all three ended up in the water."

One important comment about lifelines:  if there is a vinyl covering on the line, cut the cover off.  The line underneath can be corroding and you won't even know!  This is a major safety issue.  My previous two new boats had vinyl coverings on the life lines and I took the covers off.   If there is ever a problem with the line you can see it right away. I think it also looks a lot better.  That white vinyl gets discolored and is a pain to clean.  My New Horizon Day Cat doesn't have life lines...probably don't need them.  One less thing for the birds to perch on and crap on you boat!!
Rob

rbh1515

My friends got to see my boat before me!   The guy transporting the boat was delayed, so I won't get it till next week.  In the mean time some of my friends were vacationing in Clearwater and stopped to see my boat.

rbh1515

One more pic they took...I just noticed the gold accent stripe above the red boot stripe.  Looks nice!