a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Show a pic of...

Started by rbh1515, January 01, 2015, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

...your  Horizon Cat or yor HDC (would love to see some owners' HDC's).  The picture below is the one I went sailing on this summer that convinced me to order a Cat.  I want the bigger cockpit and a tiller though.  Beautiful boat, and fun to sail!

2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

rbh1515

Craig

I have to figure exactly how to do it! Not as easy as some other sites.
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Rahn

Here's a picture of my 2008 Horizon Cat "Legato" which is now owned by someone else. I really miss owning her but was able to find a Seaward 23 which works better for the cruising I do.

Rahn

Here's a link a slide show of my final North Channel Cruise with Legato:

http://www.rahnlawton.com/2012NC

rbh1515

Rahn,
Beautiful pictures and nice boat!  Is that up in Maine?
Also, looks like you added the boomkicker later...how did that work out?
Rob

rbh1515

Quote from: Craig on January 02, 2015, 06:21:36 PM
I have to figure exactly how to do it! Not as easy as some other sites.

Craig,  I just figured it out the other day.  Here is how I do it:
Go to Photobucket and set up an account.
Click on Upload....you can upload from Computer, Facebook or URL.  My photos are on my computer.  Click "choose photos and videos"  Choose the file your photo is in, click the photo and it will download.  Once it is downloaded, the photo shows up on the lower part of the page.  Click on it.  Then you see the photo and to the right click in the box to the right next to IMG ("Copied" shows up in the box).  This will copy the link.  You can now go to CPYOA, start a reply, and paste the link (easiest way is to click "control v").  The photo should show up in your post and you are good to go.

Here is my previous boat that I sold at the end of 2014:
Rob

rbh1515

And here is me on my Catalina 28....

Rahn

Quote from: rbh1515 on January 02, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
Rahn,
Beautiful pictures and nice boat!  Is that up in Maine?
Also, looks like you added the boomkicker later...how did that work out?
Rob

That is the North Channel which is the northern part of Lake Huron in Canada.

I did buy a boom kicker and it did nothing for me but made loud creaking noises off the wind so I stopped using it. Some love it, I didn't.

Craig

You do need to keep the boom track lubed or it will creak. I like the fact that the Boomkicker stabilizes the boom under light air conditions and running. Also one less line to mess with when raising or dousing sail. Ya' pays yer money, Ya' takes yer choice!

Craig

Thanks Rob but no go. I must be missing something. I get the copied message but where is it copied to?

Salty19

Quote from: Craig on January 03, 2015, 11:56:20 AM
Thanks Rob but no go. I must be missing something. I get the copied message but where is it copied to?

It's copied into memory into your computer. 

The Control Key-V will Paste the contents of what is copied to the memory (called a clipboard).

So copy the link the photobucket, then switch your browser over to this forum and in a reply where you can type a message back to us, use the Control-V to paste.
It should paste the long URL. 

I personally don't have much luck with copying the "IMG" code on photobucket. It used to work for me but hasn't for a while.  Instead, I click on the "direct" code instead of the "IMG" code in photobucket to copy.
Then come back to the forum, in a reply, click on the little icon with the white border and picture (right under the Italics symbol, second from left on second row of icons right above here).

So try the "IMG" copy like RBH suggested. If it doesn't work, try the instructions above.

Good luck!

By the way you can also use the photobucket app on smart phones to upload pictures right from there. Really easy to do.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

rbh1515

At first it didn't work for me.  I would cpoy the link, then try to paste it into this post.  Nothing!  But then I tried typing my post first, and rhen copying (control v) into the post, and it worked.  So I think you have to type something into the post before you copy a link.
Rob

Craig

Trying again. Link came up when I used Command V on Mac but link generated a "malicious webpage" warning so I deleted it here

Craig

Maybe we have it! Kailani