Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Show a pic of...

Started by rbh1515, January 01, 2015, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh1515

Craig,
It worked.  Glad you posted it...I'm also going with a red boot stripe.
Rob
2015 Horizon Day Cat, Waters End

rbh1515

Quote from: Craig on January 03, 2015, 08:44:39 AM
You do need to keep the boom track lubed or it will creak. I like the fact that the Boomkicker stabilizes the boom under light air conditions and running. Also one less line to mess with when raising or dousing sail. Ya' pays yer money, Ya' takes yer choice!
[/quote

Craig,  what do you mean by one less line?
Rob

Craig

Rob,
The topping lift is the "one less line". With catboats you really need either a topping lift or a boomkicker.  Thanks for pic posting info. On the Mac, Command V did the trick.
Craig
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

rbh1515

I didn't think the Horizon Cat came with a topping lift since it has the boom cradle.
Rob

Craig

None of the Compac cats come with a topping lift. The topping lift is needed to keep the boom from dropping into the cockpit if it swings away from the boom when raising/lowering sail(happens a lot). Trust me, the First Mate will NOT like dodging an errant, swinging boom let alone getting bopped by it! Can really take the shine off your day. Hence my choice to have an "automatic" boom support(the Boomkicker). The KISS principle. 
Craig, Horizon Cat "Kailani"  Punta Gorda, FL

Aldebaran_III

Hi,

here is a link to some pictures of my HC (tiller version).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carib_derek/sets/72157634185660678/

We've had the boat a year and a half now and really love it. We tried a boom kicker and really didn't get on with it. (Got one for sale now)
We're happy with our simple solution of Capt_Nemo really easy lazy jacks but with the addition of a quick detach topping lift which adds to the port side lazy jack. You can probably see the arrangement in one of the photos (DSC00213)

Cheers, Derek

Lazar

Nice looking boat, Derek. And some really nice pictures. Was that St. Maartens? Do you live there?

I was surprised to see an HC on a single axle trailer.

Larry

Aldebaran_III

Thanks, we're really pleased how she turned out.
Yes, lived here on and off 22 years now. The island is real small, impossible to drive more than a few miles in any direction. Plus the boat is on a lift only two miles from our house. So no need for 4 wheels plus it saved some cash to spend on the tiller modification.
Cheers, Derek

rbh1515

Let's see some more pics? Great ones so far.
Rob

rbh1515

atrometer