a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Cushions for Cabin & Cockpit

Started by Sedona Don, September 26, 2013, 05:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes

Billy - seriously, man, you have the best mother in law in the history of the world.

Don't be disrespecting that brown plaid. That was state of the art in 1986.

Wes
"Sophie", 1988 CP 27/2 #74
"Bella", 1988 CP 19/3 #453
Bath, North Carolina

Bob23

Nothing wrong with retro plaid...If I could get a pair of Converse in that pattern, I'd buy 'em in a new york minute! And it's kinda nice to keep original looking equipment. That being said, I'll probably go with a Sunbrella fabric...the color is Sand, me thinks- to match my winch covers and Sport a Seat. It's soooo important to be color coordinated these days!
Bob23

brackish

Quote from: Wes on September 28, 2013, 08:37:43 PM
Billy - seriously, man, you have the best mother in law in the history of the world.

Don't be disrespecting that brown plaid. That was state of the art in 1986.

Wes

LOL, got to go much further back than that.  My 1978 Columbia 8.7 had that same cushion fabric. ;D  Ironically, the same non woven fabric that many boat manufacturers were using for headliner material back in the late seventies and eighties is being used by ComPac and other boat builders today.  I bought a whole roll of it in 1983, still have a bunch of it left.

The original owners sprung for an upgrade, navy blue Sunbrella for the cushions in my 23, and I'm sure glad they did.  I've been looking at that plaid in various boats for 40 years.  ???

Billy

Bob,
I would rock some plaid chucks too. But I would never say those shoes are "classy" while our Com-Pacs very much are. 

There is a time and a place.

And here you go Bob.....
http://www.amazon.com/Converse-Chuck-Taylor-Star-Plaid/dp/B00277DL1E

But better keep wearing the red/green combo when on the boat for reasons previously discussed! ;D
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

Bob23

Billy:
   You have a good memory! But I forget...do I wear red on the right as in red, right, returning or is it green on the left as in I left all my green money at home! Whatever...I gotta get a pair of those plaid Chucks to add to my collection.
   Classy is in the eye of the beholder...besides, they make great boat shoes! Btw, I have a pair in tan that matches Sunbrella Toast almost perfectly! A good match for the winch covers. Maybe I'll check JSI site for a retro plaid for the new cushions.
Bob23

curtisv

Bob,

Its like Nav lights.  The red is on the port side, the green on starboard.  Wear dark colored shorts with a white patch on the back and you are all set.  You'll need a white patch on your chest if you are steaming.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

Billy

Quote from: Bob23 on September 29, 2013, 10:17:18 AM
Maybe I'll check JSI site for a retro plaid for the new cushions.
Bob23

Nooooooooo!
;)
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-