Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2011 TICE'S SHOALS RONDAYVOO!

Started by Bob23, February 03, 2011, 08:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jthatcher

hi Bob,
    we will be sailing out of shore point marina - toms river.. i looked over the chart this morning, and it appears that the trip to tice's shoals is pretty straight forward..  it will be good to get the details, because i will have to work a few weekends in june and july, but i can have some say as  to the schedule..  july would probably make the most sense as far as we are concerned..   i hope that we can make it work!  jason

Bob23

To narrow the dates down a little:
   July 23-24 looks ok to me...how does that sit with the rest of you brave souls who might show up. I don't know if Jimmy Buffett will be there this year...we'll see! This could be the biggest TSRDV yet!
Bob23

curtisv

Quote from: Bob23 on March 17, 2011, 07:54:12 PM
Ok, ladies and gents:
   I'm sitting here in the waning days of winter, pizza and chianti in my gullet and thinking about sailing. Spring is only a few days away so naturally my thoughts turn toward the  2011 Tice's Shoals 'Voo. I'm thinking the end of June or beginning of July- not 4th of July. Since we are planning so far ahead, anyone have any preferences? It seems like there are quite a few Compac-ers here in NJ that might be in attendance.
   Stay tuned for more info as we draw nearer to this major event!
Bob23

Bob,

Seems a bit early but that may be since the water stays cold longer up here.  Will be busy July 24-29,  Otherwise no firm plans yet this summer.

I hope to make it but can't promise to be there.  Seems like if I do I will be one of the more northerly attendees.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

Bob23

I'm now looking toward the last weekend in July- 29, 30 amd 31. More than likely I'd sail up on the afternoon of the 29th, meet up with anyone there and just wing it from there. Because this is so loosely organized ( to put it loosely), we are flexible. I don't know if Jimmy Buffett or Bruce will show up but I can't organized it around these guys- they have such busy schedules!
Any feedback?
Bob23

curtisv

Quote from: Bob23 on May 06, 2011, 07:46:53 PM
I'm now looking toward the last weekend in July- 29, 30 amd 31. More than likely I'd sail up on the afternoon of the 29th, meet up with anyone there and just wing it from there. Because this is so loosely organized ( to put it loosely), we are flexible. I don't know if Jimmy Buffett or Bruce will show up but I can't organized it around these guys- they have such busy schedules!
Any feedback?
Bob23

Bob,

July 24-29 is bad for me.  Have to be somewhere that week.  So far the rest of the summer is OK.  Either way I hope Jimmy and Bruce make it.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

rip

I hate to bow out of an adventure, but it just ain't gonna work for me. It looks like 10 days to 2 weeks to pull it off w/o any complications. With good winds ::) it would be a day down from, and a day back to New York harbor. Have to play the tides for 90 miles on the Hudson. Just don't have that kind of time available this year. I wish you all the best, rip

Bob23

Rip:
   That would be a long trip to attend such a unorganized event attended by a bunch of shanniganizing bay rats. I hope to post a thorough report here when, or if it materializes.
Curtis:
   Wow! That sounds official. Come down some other time. End of summer and fall sailing are both great. Fall means N-NW winds and much fewer yahoos!
Bob23

rip

Quote from: Bob23 on May 16, 2011, 07:00:12 PM
Rip:
   unorganized event attended by a bunch of shanniganizing bay rats.
Well yes, that is exactly the kind of event I prefer though ;) rip

Bob23

Ok...still trying to nail down a date for the 'Voo. Looks like more than a few pirates are busy around the end of July so how about August sometime? Full moon is Saturday August 13th and rises about 7:35 pm.
   Kick this around, gents. Pedro G.- whadayasay? JT: Are you around or are you getting ready for school to start. What about any other of you bay rats?
Bob23

jthatcher

sorry, bob..   i missed this post..    this is a bit late in the month for me - I lead a trip to maine at the end of the summer, and i will be getting ready for that trip around this time..   i think that i will be down early in august..  a long with next weekend :)  jt

Bob23

Ok.
   Iv'e consulted with the chairman of the North American division of the governing board of Compac RonDay Voos Global, and it looks like the official date of the 'Voo is August 6th which means we'll (or I'll) get there Friday afternoon, August 5th. I fully realize that I may be the only one there in which case it will be boring trying to figure out a way to drink all that beer.
   Schedule conflict with Mr. James Buffet...he will not be there.
   More details as we get closer to the beginning of August.
Bob23

Bob23

Correction:
   The chairman screwed up- The 'Voo will be August 12, 13. More details to follow/.
Bob23

Greene

How many voices are you hearing?

Mike
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Bob23

Bob23

Update:
   There will be at least one attendee at the famous and hard-to-get-iinto Tice's Shoals Rondayvoo: Me! Weather forecast couldn't be better...low temps, clear, and a full moon rising at about 7:30 pm on Saturday. Not much better than simutaneous sunset/ moonrise with a glass of Tequila close at hand.
   Not sure if Jimmy, Bruce or Lin and Larry Pardey will be making appearances. You'll get a full report after the event. Cheers!
Bob23