a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2002 Sun Cat for Sale SOLD

Started by Aldog, July 08, 2010, 03:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aldog

SOLD!!! 2002 Com-Pac Sun Cat for Sale. Second owner, excellent condition. Low miles.  4 stroke, 4hp Yamaha with new water pump. Custom Galvanized Performance Trailer, with new spare. Dark red sail covers, Bimini and fenders. Lazy Jacks, porta potty (never used). Battery, running lights. Screened ports and hatches. Hate to sell, but no time to sail. Needs a good home.
Located in Eastham, Massachusetts Call Al at 508-237-3975. Price reduced.
Here is a link to pictures: http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/18396

cavie

If your planing a Florida vacation anytime soon and can drive er down, we can talk. :):)  Looking for a Suncat a little closer to home.

Aldog

Well, if we do not sell her by January or February,,, that may be do-able..... where in Florida??

cavie

SW florida. Charlotte Harbor. Charlotte County. We have 1 here year round and will have 2 more here in the winter. If I find one we will have a fleet of 4. Local sailing club will give us our own start for racing.

Suncat a Lula

Hurrah!
There are at least 2, possibly 3, other Suncats in Central Florida that would probably join you in racing one-design.  Still the best way to learn how to get the most out of your boat, besides being a whole lot of fun!  I am located on the other side of the state, but would trailer to events.

Tom Ray

Planning is underway (sort of) for the 2010 Sun Cat National Championship Regatta, to be held Novemberish, if we get around to it.

Suncat a Lula

Looking forward to the supposed "Suncat National Championship Regatta".  Could be great fun, even if loosely organized, like it sounds like it might be!  I will reserve a place on my mantel for the paper cup trophy!! 

cavie

Tom is the Official "Jib Trimmer in Charge". This is a special get together. On the serious side, the Ponta Gorda Sail Club  www.PGSCweb.com  is our local club that will provide use with racing every other weekend just about year round. We also have about 4 very large regattas here during the year.

Tom Ray

Quote from: Suncat a Lula on July 21, 2010, 01:06:45 PM
Looking forward to the supposed "Suncat National Championship Regatta".  Could be great fun, even if loosely organized, like it sounds like it might be!  I will reserve a place on my mantel for the paper cup trophy!! 

Good grief! If we're going to actually have people travel we might have to race at a set time, rather than when we just all happen to spot a nice day at the same time! It would be fun to have a herd of Sun Cats, beyond what we can muster locally...

How about November 13-14, the second weekend of the month? Our snowbirds should be here by then.

Suncat a Lula

Will tentatively put on my calendar!  No formalities necessary for me;  just would look forward to the herd (as you put it).  If all does not work out, nothing lost.  Keep it all simple.  Others are doing it, so can we "Suncatters".

It might be surprising how many Suncats are in the region.

Tom Ray

Hee hee! That's all the encouragement I need. Stay tuned for further official announcements from the Head Catboat Jib Trimmer In Charge (that's me, since no one else seems to want the job!)

cavie

I think we need to start a new thread. This one belongs to Aldog. 

Aldog

Thanks, guys.  I really don't mind the hijack, I enjoy the banter. I'm really glad to hear that there are others who enjoy these boats for what they can do. Not too many around here.  The boat is still for sale. Hope to send it somewhere to be used.

cavie

Quote from: Aldog on July 23, 2010, 07:15:54 PM
Thanks, guys.  I really don't mind the hijack, I enjoy the banter. I'm really glad to hear that there are others who enjoy these boats for what they can do. Not too many around here.  The boat is still for sale. Hope to send it somewhere to be used.

Well, I can buy it and you can deliver it for one last sail!

Aldog

SOLD! Sadly, but went to a good home here on the Cape. Maybe in the future, will buy another....