a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

2002 Sun Cat for Sale SOLD

Started by Aldog, July 08, 2010, 03:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Ray

Congrats, Aldog. And Butch, you still have a few months to find a Championship quality Sun Cat.

Joseph

I never race, but for those who do: I view the SunCat as the ultimate personal trailer-sailer for sailboat-cruising single-handed, both on land and water. Many features in the SunCat have been designed and built bearing in mind its ability to trailer on land and the ease with which it can be launched, rigged and retrieved. Hence, a true single-design SunCat Championship may need to include a leg on land and instances at the ramp... Trailering, Launching and Sailing... Kind of a "SunCat Triathlon" (a "SunCathlon..."?) :)

J.
"Sassy Gaffer"
SunCat 17 #365

Tom Ray

We're actually going to try to do something like that at the Sun Cat Nationals. There is no boat ramp available capable of launching all the boats at once, so as the next best thing we are going to race under two low bridges. Use of engines will be permitted when within sight of the bridges.

This is one of the bridges:

Joseph

Too bad I am so far away or I may have made an exception about never racing and tried my luck at ducking under that bridge... Also, very nice website. Best of lucks to all organizers and participants!

J.
"Sassy Gaffer"
SunCat 17 #365