Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

What type of motor is on your CP23?

Started by Mundaysj, February 25, 2009, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Donz:
   I bet the GV would be up to the task. I think when the manufacturers rate vehicles for towing capacity, they're thinking long hauls, engine and transmission heat, etc. Does your GV have a 4wd low setting on the transfer case? I think that makes all the difference. I drive a 4wd 2001 Toyota Tundra with 4.7L v8 (a Lexus engine) and while it has plenty of power to tow my 23 on the highway, in 4wd low, I think it could climb walls! Not that I'm gonna try, mind you.
   I just checked out the GV on Edmunds...seems like a great vehicle.
Bob23

Donzen

Bob23..

No 4wd on the GV.  Just a plain ole' 2 wheel rear drive vehicle. It does have plenty of torque in the lower gears though. Didn't need 4x4 drive at the time for the power boat.  The 23 came later and now of course I wish I had a vehicle to pull 5000 lbs. 

I've got 4 vehicles now - so I certainly don't need to go out and stimulate the economy right now.  But now would be the time to buy a pick-up with all the problems in the auto industry there are great deals out there.

Donzen

Craig Weis

I think all the 30hp and under John Deere lawn tractors and smaller out boards [my 5 hp Mercury] from the so called US names are made over seas by the likes of those manufacturing concerns mentioned in the posts below. Too bad the unions can't bend. skip,

As for GM's announced conversion of a Michigan Plant to build mini-cars I was wondering how long before that product forthcoming will be trashed and ignored by the public and media in favor of these small Suzuki things. My sister-in-law had one and during the winter years back she tried to pass a slower car and lost it in a snow bank and flipped it up side down a few times just missing a utility pole. They totaled her car, the dumb bunny. She offed her self so no hard feelings. skip.