a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Mid Winter Gathering 2020

Started by Bob23, November 09, 2019, 06:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

Tim: Sure wish you could be here and please remember to keep the sunblock on! We'll think of you very warmly as Vicki (had to edit Mr. Twenty-three's post to correct the spelling of the Admiral's land-lubber name - TG) was kind enough to forward your credit card to me. Yes my friend, we'll think of you so very warmly as we sign the bill. I'll get that card back to you in perfect working order. Might need to see if it works at Defender too!

Mas: Feel free to just show up! No corona's here, only PBR!!

Cheers my friends!! I raise my glass of PBR to you all!!

gcafaro33

Hi All - new the forum here, Nick's son, Gerard (co-owner of Freedom). My Dad told me about the gathering next weekend he and my mom will be attending, hope you guys have fun and look forward to meeting you at The Bash or another event this summer - cheers!
2001 CP 25 - 'Freedom', Takacat 340 lx

ncafaro

Never seen a Cat boat rigged with a jib. Looking forward to the MWG to learn more about this rigging.

Bob23

Hello Nick and Gerard!! And welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll fit right in and I'm looking forward to meeting you Nick and your wife. This years Mid Winter Gathering will prove to be one of the best...but I say that every year!
  Nick...there are lots of things to learn here...many of which you'll wonder how you did without. Others, you might just shake your head, roll your eyes and wonder about our sanity.
  See you all this coming Saturday at 1800 hrs local time at Hotel LBI!
Bob23..for the cause.

Tim Gardner

Actually,  Nick, you'll wonder about Bob23's sanity the most.

His Timness
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Nick, I'm afraid I have to admit Tim is right. Hey, someone's got to wonder about my sanity- I can't be bothered!!

Bob23

Ladies and gents:

The 2020 Mid Winter Gathering is upon us and I for one am looking forward to this epic event! Let's try to be on our best behavior shall we...oh...haha, I forgot who I was writing to! We'll have a great time...so fun to keep the sailing spark alive! 
  See you there!
Bob23

crazycarl

Bob, or do you spell it boB?  Joan and I were planning on surprising you with our presence, but the Coronavirus is preventing us from traveling east.  Too bad to, I still have some pbr (intentional lower case) from the last time you came to CLR.  I tried donating it to a pantry, but they said they can't accept uningestibable items.  I have been using it to clean the bottom of Miss Adventure and the results are amazing!  Have fun!
Oriental, "The Sailing Capitol of North Carolina".

1985 Compac 19/II  "Miss Adventure"
1986 Seidelmann 295  "Sur La Mer"

Bob23

Carl, that's so thoughtful and you'd be welcome anytime...well, Joanie would be! As you are aware, there is no PBR virus or Guinness virus- I don't drink corona and now you know why. Don't waste that old PBR! Like fine wine, it just gets better with age so be adventurous and give it a sip! I guarantee you'll not be disappointed!
Bob twenty three

Reighnman

Gents seems I'll have to bail on tonight's festivities. Last night I finally succumbed to whatever disease(s) my three year old caught at daycare. Definitely not Coronavirus but we're still waiting on lab results for PBRvirus. Raise a glass for me of the good stuff for me!
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Finbar Beagle

Folks,

What time do we cast off tonight?

Just wanna make sure to be Moored at the bar early.

Get better Ryan.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

peterg

Bob23- a pox upon your nefarious MWG !!!   I went to four different 7-11s to buy some PBR, and they were all out. Said all PBR production was being shipped to the LBI Hotel for some sort of riff-raff ragbag gathering. Had to buy Natty Lite and Schlitz, instead.  Have fun!!  Post pictures!! Eat, drink, and lie !!!
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Mas

Quote from: peterg on February 22, 2020, 08:58:02 AM
Bob23- a pox upon your nefarious MWG !!!   I went to four different 7-11s to buy some PBR, and they were all out. Said all PBR production was being shipped to the LBI Hotel for some sort of riff-raff ragbag gathering. Had to buy Natty Lite and Schlitz, instead.  Have fun!!  Post pictures!! Eat, drink, and lie !!!

...well we got a different answer when we inquired as to what happened to all of the PBR... i didn't fully understand the explanation but something about EPA, CDC, and since PBR is owned by a Russian company (actually it is) potential interference with the 2020 elections. I dunno, anyway as promised will lift a glass at the appointed time to our Northern friends!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

We'll converge at the place just before 1800 hrs local time. Or in landlubber time 6pm!  Reservations are in my name and it looks like we'll be seated in a section away from the normal dining patrons. Hmmm...can't imagine why!
See you there!

K3v1n

We plan to be a bit early for happy hour drinks!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS