Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Barnegat Bay Bash 2018 'Part Deux' AUG_24-26_2018

Started by K3v1n, June 10, 2018, 09:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

Folks,

Current plan is to meet up for breakfast on Saturday, and bring Cork Cat down by wheels on Sunday. 

I am working both Friday and Saturday nights.  Ellen's niece is in from Washnigton State, so we are juggling, but somehow, I will be there, hopefully.

Boss has me on early flight Monday morning.  Wish I was retiring in November, cograts Allen, you are close to winning the race...

Regards,
B

Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Reighnman

Congrats Allen. Next year you can plan the BBB with all your free time but as Bob said, just text CC # this year. We'll be "responsible" sailors , Promise.

My plan was/is to sail/motor up to Myer's Hole on Thursday, sail around BB Friday, Dinner Friday night, sail around Saturday, anchor at Tice's, and motor/sail home Sunday morning.

There's plenty of room on Freedom if anyone wants to join me either Friday or Saturday. I might do some kayak fishing on Friday morning if the winds are calm.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

Bash update:
  Well ladies and gents, here is the latest news (read: not fake) as I understand it.
   Friday night, 8/24 some of will launch boats at Southwinds, some will just motor in with our boats and some will just converge there. I'm proposing dinner/drinks that night at Joey Harrisons formally known as  Lattitudes. I've been to the new place, not bad at all.
  Saturday morning we'll drive a few towns south to The Mainland in Manahawkin for breakfast. It's located inside the Holiday Inn, rt. 72 east bound. We'll have ample transportation available. Sailing there will be difficult as it's landlocked but some of you more experienced sailors might want to give it a try.
  After we straggle back to Southwinds it'll be sailing, sailing and sailing! I know there's been discussion of anchoring overnight someplace other than Tice's Shoals because of the abundance of yahoos but there is ample water for some of our deep draft attendees and we can row, walk or swim to the dock for some fun ocean swimming!
  Saturday overnight on the boats...wake up Sunday nursing our hangovers...more sailing and eventually returning to the reality of work. I've heard rumors of another rowing race so I'm bringing my newest addition to the stable, the sturdy but slow Piccola Barca Divertente, a Cape Dory 10 that I was fortunate enough to be given.
  So...I'd like feedback on all this, mates. Kevin and I seem to be co-planning this epic adventure and little known fact: he was the original initiator of the very first Bash way back in the days of steam and sail!
  So, weigh in there  maties!!
Bob23...for the cause...cause I can!!

K3v1n

Yes I like....and I'm guessing everyone is on their own in securing a slip for Friday night. Do we have a meet up time for Friday? 6ish?
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

MKBLK

Aha! Already an excuse.

Quote from: Bob23 on August 19, 2018, 02:33:09 PM
...I've heard rumors of another rowing race so I'm bringing my newest addition to the stable, the sturdy but slow Piccola Barca Divertente, a Cape Dory 10 that I was fortunate enough to be given...

My legs might be somewhat wimpy, but still got guns! Don't know what I'll be bringing, if anything other than Pegasus, but you never know!?

Marty
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Bob23

Kev, you are correct about each captain securing his own slip but to make things easier for the birthday boy, I've taken the liberty of handling his slip arrangements. Everyone else: Southwinds Marina. Ask for John or Dawn. 609 693-6288. Meetup time around 6ish. Another thought for Friday dinner is Captains Inn. It's inside, nicer for conversation, food is fine. I was a Joey Harrisons when there was no band outside but inside is fine. Between the two, I might lean toward Captains if we are to be inside. I report...we all decide!

Marty, I'm thrilled you'll be attending! We never know what you're gonna bring...maybe that $1.59 turnbuckle that has made you famous! We could commit it the deep!!

Finbar Beagle

See y'all definately Sat morning for breakfast, at mainland, holiday inn.  Still calculating the probabilities on how to be sailing near forked river these days, and ran out of fingers and toes, so I need to wing it...
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

K3v1n

We should dinner at the Captain's Inn(Inside), then anyone hanging around afterward we can hit the Beach Bar at Joey Harrison's. Or just hang out on the dock at South Winds. How many boats we have coming? Was thinking of spending the bucks and bringing Dory over to join the gang. :D
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

I wholeheartedly concur, cap't Kev! Captain's Inn it shall be. I think so far overnight on Friday it's just myself and the mightly Koinonia and Marty and the ever unpredictable Pegasus. But keep in mind, it's 3 clams a foot!

Reighnman

Thanks for doing all the recon work and setting this up! Thinking it through with a breakfast planned in Manahawkin , I might just shuck those 75 clams and spend the evening in a slip at Southwinds. Will take advantage of the shower, and have an extra drink at the bar.
The winds aren't very favorable on Thursday, so I might actually hook it south out of LE inlet and spend the evening in AC, instead of heading north to Myers Hole. Thursday's marine forecast is 3-5, with a stiff North breeze.  It'll be an epic 44mile voyage on Friday from the Golden Nugget to Southwinds, but the winds will be almost calm in the am and a nice east wind in the afternoon. Game time decision but Freedom will be there!

MKBLK

Bob,

You give me too much credit. I only paid ONE DOLLAR for that turnbuckle. Hey, it lasted right up to the bay... then, TIMBER!!

Marty
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Bob23

My mistake...I thought you splurged for the upgrade!

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

Indeed! SSE or S winds both days...clear...might see a nearly full moon rise out of the Atlantic horizon on Saturday evening.

Reighnman

Slip is booked. Any special instructions for the marina? I did write I was part of the group of Compac sailboats coming Friday. Might text Bob when close as I'm in the bottom in the lower 1% at slip docking this girl.