a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Barnegat Bay Bash 2018 'Part Deux' AUG_24-26_2018

Started by K3v1n, June 10, 2018, 09:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob23

If we did August, Brian can you still join the group on Saturday? Nothing wrong with September but the days start getting shorter.

Finbar Beagle

Bob,

Yes, one way or another.  Possibly get boat to Southards on Thursday.
And for later evening drinks on Friday, Sat morning sail...and Sunday.

You will get enough of me.

Let's make it happen.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

So what say ye lads and lassies? August 24th to the 26th? Weigh in there, mates!!

K3v1n

BBB-2018-Part 2
Okay its official! AUG_24-26_2018

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Reighnman

Sounds good. I know this NE wind is great for bay sailing but it killed my hope of ocean sailing today. Small craft advisor is in effect with 4-6ft seas at 7seconds. Not conducive to getting the admiral on the ?.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

Bob23

August's full moon is on the 26th but on the 25th with weather permitting, we'll see a nearly full moon rise out of the Atlantic at about 5:30 pm. This should make for a delightful raft-up, eat-up and drink-up. Can't wait for this! Stay sober, me hearties!!
Bob23...for the cause!

Reighnman

Has there been a decision on the Friday night meet up spot? The last spot was good, a bit LOUD though. Are there any protected anchorages in forked river/waretown area? Slips at Southwinds are $3/ft. Bit steep for a few hours sleep.

K3v1n

One of the ideas for dinner Friday is to head down to Manahawkin at The Holiday Inn. The Mainland....your local kitchen, pub + beer garden.
Plenty of room and no crazy loud band music plus firepits and games.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

K3v1n

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Reighnman

That waterguide is great! I might have to hitch a ride to dinner if I end up anchoring in forked river. Tipsy kayak ride back to the boat.

lkm

Looks like even my family can try to make this, so add 4 to the table reservation.
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

K3v1n

But, to keep close to the boats we can try out Joey Harrison?s River House...aka Latitudes.
Haven't been there yet since the change over.

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

MKBLK

Just woke up and crawled out of Pegasus' forecastle where I've been sleeping for the past month. It seems that the weekend of the 24th of August will be BBB 2018-2. Nice of you guys to celebrate my birthday with such class!

Pegasus appears to be watertight with the scuppers finally repaired (Hey, its only been 6 years!). The fix was so easy that its embarrassing. Also, the $40.00 snap shackle on the forestay ought to perform somewhat better than the one I bought for a buck!

Look forward to a fun and (hopefully) uneventful weekend.

Marty K.
Pegasus 81 CP16
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Eagleye

Hey Mates,
I bet you all thought I fell off the face of the earth.  Sorry I haven't checked in lately but the company I work for is doing an incredible up swing in business so my job has pretty much consumed me in an attempt to keep up with orders coming in.   But alas, this is the sprint to the finish line as we have set our retirement date for Nov. 30.
I have not had the chance to plunk the Madame yet this summer so this BBB is not in the stars for us this year.  So I guess it is pay now and play later sort of thing......
I will miss you folks this time but and I hope all goes well for the bash.  I will hoist a brew for you all and look forward to seeing you soon.
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

Sorry you can't make it Allen and congrats for your November retirement. We may forgive you for not attending if you pm me your credit card info. Thanks in advance...you're a great guy!!
Bob23