a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMSG 3.0

Started by Mas, May 19, 2018, 11:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mas

Next weekend is the official beginning of the summer season, so at this time all I have to say about that is "78".
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

When's the Mid Summer gathering Rick??

Mas

Well Bob, the date has actually been set and was included in the CBMWG discussion. However since tomorrow's the first official day of the summer events season I will amend the previous post and say "69"!

It's gotta be worth digging for it a bit! Makes the experience more worthwhile.   :)

There will be more to follow but that otta get ya thinking!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Gotcha...ya made me do higher math, didn't ya! I'll get you for this, Rick!!

Mas

Well now that Bob has discovered the date for Chesapeake Bay Mid Summer Gathering 3.0 i will repost the particulars from last years party as it seems most folks liked the venue and folks in attendance, though Bob was absent and thus missed out on his Flicka which now sits at the dock just down from Interlude. Jus sayin Bob!

"Ok all, the time for the CBMSG is set. The gathering, cookout, small craft flotilla, and party is set for August 4th. The cocktail hour is 4ish with music, hotdogs, burgers, cold drinks, beer and wine to follow . A $5 buck contribution is asked from all to the small sailing club having their/our gathering there at the same time for all the food, and drinks. They have encouraged me to have us Compacteers join them, well we are part of that group too! It was also asked that we kinda split up bringing a side or condiments for the burgers and dogs etc. to go with the same and other sides being brought by others in the club. Be glad to help coordinate that for us.

"The pavilions are shaded and covered with, ice, cool clean bathhouses, and the usual amenities available. Very parklike there. We don't have to wait until 4. Check the thread from last year for the some local motels for simple lodging, and Willaby's Restaurant in case the weather doesn't cooperate. We are planning to get the antique dinghy wet. Bring some small craft easy to transport, there are also a few kayaks and canoes that are on site. Nice islands close by. check out  http://www.regentpointmarina.com  for location, directions, and general lay of the land. Do try to come for more than just a day, as there is much to do and some good places to visit very close by. "

There are a few places to stay there and can assist with contacts for such. We learned about a nice B&B from some friends who ave come down to visit at times. We probably will see them as well and they keep mumbling about getting a boat. We will also need to welcome a new Compac owner who has her first boat, a CP16 that she will be keeping there as well.

Hopefully we can get Heave out of retirement, Bob staying out of the heat ahead of time (so you can meet the new owners of the Flicka and longingly stare at her (I mean the boat Bob!), get Tim away from beautiful SML, Wayne who now has 2 Compacs is in danger of losing his "cheap" moniker, Kevin and Lesa are just about ready for another boat based upon the tenure time table of there fleet so far, (oh and that tree is still in the middle of the parking lot Lesa!) Pedro (though he may deny it) is a sailboater again (though no denying his giving nature as he has been instrumental in mentoring me),

Thought I would post a few pics again for those of you who have never been there, and encourage folks to scroll through the numerous pages of posts regarding last year' gathering CBMSG 2.0. Kevin did a nice video summary of it after all was said and done which i have placed a link to:  https://youtu.be/KLxbOEqgvaE

There were actually posts that were about the gathering as well!!!!  Let's face it we all start the gathering here and simply conclude it in person. Be sure to check it out.

.....oh and i hear the owner of a much ignored Dana may be considering parting with her, but that is for another post!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Ok you Compacteers, it's the CBMSG 3.0 update:

T minus 50 and counting!

Sailing season just got started for us a couple weeks ago now that the May monsoons are over. Pedro and i went out last week and found ourselves in a pod of about a dozen dolphins. Also last week helped a new Compacteer finish repairs and get her boat rigged. She will splash it next week. It will be kept at Regent as well. So two 16's there now. A 23d is in the shop getting a new paint job top and bottom. Ought to be right purdy! She will are kept just up creek from us. So when we first got back into this thing called sailing there were no Compacs nor any Pacific Seacraft at our marina. Now there are two 16's, with a 23d less than 1/4 mile upstream and three Pacific Seacraft sitting in slips there! I dunno, Pedro says it's me.

So what say yee usual suspects in crime? You can't possibly be worried about your reputation now that many of you have been to well more than one gathering.
It is forever damaged!   ;)
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

I'm not worried that CBMSGF 3.0 will hurt my reputation...I concerned it may improve it! I've worked very hard to maintain this gnarly wharf rat curmudgeony facade...and I won't let you guys ruin that! It's on the list, mates!

Tim Gardner

Can't wait to fly my roger holly at the CBMSG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Well Bob, we will do our best to ensure your reputation remains dubious at best! You just have to promise to stay out of the heat prior to the gathering as you may remember why you weren't able to attend last year! Let's face it my friend getting older is not for sissies! Unfortunately Sister Merry Blond has moved to Florida so can't promise she will be in attendance making Dark and Stormys. Can promise MFF will be there as she now lives on the same dock with Interlude.

Tim, I know you guys are lamenting the passing of the "real" season at SML now that all off the tourists have returned. Look forward to seeing you and Vickie again. It has been awhile! Flying a Roger Holly?

Wayne, get that 16 repaired and ready to sail! You and Phylis can have a 16's regatta with the two now in residence at Regent.

Kev and Lesa, you're just gunna have to pry yourselves away from that beautiful Cape Dory for a weekend! Hmmm.....or maybe fetch a 16 so you can trailer her anywhere you wish!

Pedro has been secretly working on a, get ready, SAILBOAT! Just last week he texted on his way to go out on Interlude "I hate sailboats". Glad he deals with it so well, as I have leaned much from a fellow who "hates" sailboats!

Ok the rest of you need to mark those calendars!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Meester Mas: It seemeth to me that maybe your math maybe a wee bit off. Using my profound powers of analytical geometry and calculus to the 7th dimension, adding up your days brings the gathering to August 2nd which is a Thursday. That seemeth strange.   Enlighten us, oh wise one. Or is that wise guy!!

Mas

yup..... been called a no account scoundrel by some. Thought that meant i can't count? Mostly never count the day I'm in nor the actual day of the event. Inna countdown the launch occurs at zero. So in my indifferential calculus that adds two days, one before and one after the countdown begins. Mostly its August 4th!

I apply the same logic to counting beers......it has permitted me to recalibrate consumption quotas to my benefit!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Aye, aye. Me thought that something was amiss in your numbers, Einstein. Remember I have advanced degrees in both analytical geometry and time travel. Not to mention air-cooled VW repair and maintenance.
August 4th is a go...trying to convince the Admiral to attend  but don't count on that!

Mas

Ah....remember the bait and switch plan we had for her once before. For bait, talk about the antique stores as there is a large one on the way. Briefly stop there then mumble something about going to see Pedro and Becky for a bit and do dinner somewhere.....then wham the switch! she'll never see it coming! Then again you may also not see the fallout coming! With Sister Merry Blond now in Florida not sure how good I'll be procuring a date for you will be. Gunna work on it though!

Now we gotta get Kevin and Lesa to stop playing with the Cape Dory and head down again. Can recommend a B&B very nearby and a ton cheaper than The Tides, which is truly a four or five star resort in the ole school tradition.

Ok the rest of you, and we know you know who you are, let's clear those calendars and weigh in. Regardless how the count down is figured the date will be here before ya know it.

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

With the Admiral, one does not stop "briefly" at antique stores. One relocates there for an indefinite period of time.

Mas

Well....since our home is filled with furniture, much of it antiques that Susan spent much time looking for and buying, I could offer Susan's company for visiting antique stores. It'll be safe for me since she is aware we have no space for any more, but meanwhile she can distract till time to head over to the party!

Well a gorgeous week weather wise has now shifted to the hot muggies. Must admit, really dislike summer. Gimme spring and fall for boating and winter for the snow sports, but if you have to deal with summer there is not much a better way than to have a party! Now how's that for getting back on topic!

T minus.........depends on how you count, but August 4th there will be that gathering of sailors, with cookout and camaraderie known as CBMSG 3.0.

Here's wising all fathers a wonderful fathers day and fair winds to all.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2