Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne J

Bobs buying-I'll be there August 4.

Cheap
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Mas

Happy solstice to everyone! It is now officially summer and the middle 0f it (well sort of) brings Chesapeake Bay Mid Summer Gathering 3.0

So..........
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

(to the tune of Let it Snow)

Oh the weather outside is dreadful,
though the AC is quite delightful,
and since we have friends we know,
Let us go, let us go, let us go!

The summer heat shows no sign of stopping,
but we have much cold beer for popping.
The date to gather we all know,
So let us go, let us go, let us go!

When we finally meet that night,
how we'll hope that there is not a storm,
but if we all gather with spirits so bright,
all the night long we'll be..........

Gotta have to be there to know how to finish this. So maybe it's the crazy weather, maybe it's so hard to think about more than a day in advance, but only a month to go and we are curious as to who is gunna show?

CBMSG 3.0
8/4/18

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

K3v1n

Guess I should break the bad news now that Lesa and I will not be able to attend the southern festivities this year. Hoist a PBR for us!
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Mas

This has been a interesting sailing season but glad to hear you guys are getting out! Much in the way of commitments and weather have meant little sailing for us this year, though am up early heading down for the week and intend to be on the water every day!

You will be missed and will be glad to raise a glass to ya but rest assured it will not be a PBR, though if Bob makes it there is a good chance he might!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Well mates, as we approach the date for CBMSG it appears that many have not been able to commit attending. We do hope that we can see some of the familiar faces yet again. Regardless there is a party happening that day with many of the sailors that call our marina home port and we will certainly be sharing exaggerated tales of sailing adventures, meeting some new faces and hanging with those familiar to us. Drinks, cookout, music, boats....doesn't get much better!

The friend who got her first boat, a Compac 16, is making great strides in learning how to trick the wind into moving her boat. Actually now helping another acquire one. Yup gunna start of fleet of them! It seems birds of a feather appear to flock together. When we first saw our marina there were no Compacs nor any Pacific Seacraft, now there are three Compacs and three Pacific Seacraft.

Meanwhile fair winds to all and hope it can blow you this direction on August 4th.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Wayne J

I will be there on August 4th.

Wayne (PBR Cheap!!)
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Mas

Hey Wayne, good to hear you will be attending. I will be posting any last minute particulars the week of the event but in the past, as this is also a Regent Point Yacht Club event too, docks are assigned sides to bring. The club provides the beer, wine, soft drinks, burgers, hot dogs along with condiments and toppings, the music and coolers with ice. It is "A Cheese Burger in Paradise" theme so tacky flowered shirts will be visible. Last year the donation from non-menbers like yourself is $5.00 to help cover costs. As it is the summer doldrums we never know what the weather will bring as far as winds for sailing. If you have your 16 ready by then, if Joan is there and ready for a solo sail with hers (still a little uncomfortable by herself but getting close!), and we have some wind, who knows maybe we could have a flotilla of three 16's!

For those of you who have attended in the past you know this little marina seems more like a park than the full service marina that it is. Great kayaking can be had, a restaurant with floating docks just across the creek voted best in the state, and of course lots of sailboats. (they do let in the occasional trawler or tug!).

I have heard that Bob has expressed an interest in attending and if he does you guys can have at PBR and not worry about us depleting your supply! As already said, this is a party that's going to happen regardless of our Compac friends but it is always great to see the faces that we have all spent time connecting with on this wonderful forum.

So....anyone else?

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Well folks the time has come to weigh in yay or nay for Chesapeake Bay Mid Summer Gathering 3.0 i will repost the particulars from last years party as it seems most folks liked the venue and folks in attendance, though Bob was absent and thus missed out on his Flicka which now sits at the dock just down from Interlude. Jus sayin Bob!

"Ok all, the time for the CBMSG is set. The gathering, cookout, and party is set for August 4th. The cocktail hour is 4ish with music, hotdogs, burgers, fries, sides, cold drinks, beer and wine to follow . A $5 contribution is asked from all to the small sailing club having their/our gathering there at the same time for all the food, and drinks. They have encouraged me to have the Compacteers join us, as we are part of that group too! It was also asked that we kinda split up bringing a side or condiments for the burgers and dogs etc. to go with the same and other sides being brought by others in the club. Be glad to help coordinate that for us. Our dock is being asked to provide potato, macaroni, etc. salads as a side.

"The pavilions are shaded and covered with, ice provided, cool clean bathhouses, and the usual amenities available. Very parklike there. We don't have to wait until 4. Check the thread from last year for the some local motels for simple lodging We are planning to get the antique dinghy wet or our kayak wet so bring some small craft easy to transport, there are also a few kayaks and canoes that are on site but slip holders get first dibs! Nice islands close by. check out  http://www.regentpointmarina.com  for location, directions, and general lay of the land. Do try to come for more than just a day, as there is much to do and some good places to visit very close by. "

If weather is good for sailing then we more than likely will head out for a bit but the summer doldrums usually bring warm temps and light breezes perfect for kayaking.

We are going to be in attendance regardless as this is our home marina and our little yacht club. Last year there were well over 50 folks in attendance and we hope that some of you Compacteers can find your way down to join in the festivities, talk sailing, and come visit a lovely place.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Tim Gardner

Notwithstanding foul weather reports, The Admiral, (Vicki) and I plan to be in attendance.

We will probably bring Kayaks, (just to say we got on the water.)

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Hey Tim, know it is tough to leave SML as such a special place but glad to hear you and Vickie are anticipating a visit to another special place. I will be giving numbers to the yacht club folks by early next week. Will add you to the list for two at that time. We should also have a better idea as to the weather. We are clearly in a typical tropical rainy season weather pattern with showers every day but not a total wash out. Unless a deluge predicted we will still go just to get away and see if Interlude is still floating! It has been enough to discourage going out so as a result the boats sit. Hey all that fresh water keeps em cleaner! Well that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Other friends are also bringing their kayaks. Merrior has new floating docks so easy to go by boat now...the problem is returning!

Now.....I heard Bob mumbling something about coming...hmm...? Wayne is expecting you to buy the first PBR.

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Whazat??? someone buying PBR's??

Mas

Uh....it appears you are!

While speaking of appears, are you going to appear? I have to give the Regent Point Yacht club folks final numbers by the 31rst. Who knows maybe that much neglected CB CP16 is still sitting neglected on it's trailer under a tarp near Deltaville. The trailer is not road worthy cuz the tires looked dry rotted two years ago, but hmmm a center board, would that give you an unfair advantage or simply one more moving part!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Quote from: Mas on July 25, 2018, 09:33:16 PM
Uh....it appears you are!

While speaking of appears, are you going to appear? I have to give the Regent Point Yacht club folks final numbers by the 31rst. Who knows maybe that much neglected CB CP16 is still sitting neglected on it's trailer under a tarp near Deltaville. The trailer is not road worthy cuz the tires looked dry rotted two years ago, but hmmm a center board, would that give you an unfair advantage or simply one more moving part!

actually gunna try to get down to the boats soon and will check on the status of that 16, though  struggling to remember how to contact the owner if it is still siting there.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Whatzat I hear? PBR...and a 16 centerboard?? Now you got my attention. As of now, I'm undecided but leaning toward attending this epic event of escaped convicts, gnarly wharf rats and just plain old good friends.
Seriously Rick, if you look into this, please let me know especially about both boat and trailer titles. That's a given here in NJ. I could bring my own tires and lights...that's no problem.