Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

C&D CANAL/UPPER CHESAPEAKE JOURNEY-INFO NEEDED

Started by Bob23, November 20, 2013, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mas

Quote from: Bob23 on January 03, 2016, 05:37:37 PM
Just kidding, Brad. For you, and this is just for you: Guinness!!!!

So since you have promised me some Guiness as well i suggest you let me help you install a tap on your boat. It is almost as important as good ground tackle for those times when you have to hunker down for a bit. Jus sayin....!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Ok Bob23, have done a little looking at the BBB location and am a little unclear as to how to get there under sail/motor without going outside from our location.  I have no problems with being outside if good weather for the entire trip but like the security of quick anchorages if needed, something about small boats.

Late June might work if we are back from Ocracoke by then. Usually try to spend a couple weeks in early to mid June there before summer sets in and tourists submerge the island a foot or so!

Maybe we can chat about your trip down and our trip up at the CBMWG.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Good idea. Nothing like discussing sailing with friends you've never met over a cold PBR! Oops.... I mean Guinness! Can't wait!

Mas

It's ok Bob23, we forgive the reference to PBR! Might even bring some mesh bags so you can keep them chilled.

Friends are simply strangers we haven't met yet. Looking forward as well.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

HeaveToo

All this talk about Cold beer and meeting up conjures up thoughts of the future meet up in Colonial Beach.

Oh, a little interesting tidbit that I was just thinking of.  In the last few years there have been sightings and also a few bull sharks caught in the Potomac River.  Two seasons ago there was a 6' long Bull Shark cruising around my marina for a few weeks.
Døyr fe, døyr frender
Døyr sjølv det sama
men ordet om deg aldreg døyr
vinn du et gjetord gjevt