Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #14

Started by Finbar Beagle, May 17, 2020, 07:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagleye

Hey Folks,
As much as I really need a BBB fix it has become apparent that we are not going to be able to make the trip this year of the Covid.  I'll miss you all but we will certainly raise a glass for you all from here in Upstate NY.
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

Sorry to hear the Kev and Lesa, Allen and Suzy will not be attending. Allen can you just send your anchor down????
Bob23

Eagleye

Bob,
I'll FedEx it down today but you have to promise not to get any water sports on it.   8)
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

K3v1n

So the Captain's Inn Tiki Bar is closed for  a couple of days to do a deep cleaning. Someone had the Covid there. You guys just might want to skip dinner and just sail. IMHO ;)
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Finbar Beagle

Sounds like a rescheduling is needed.  We just gave up our NY Jets season tickets after 39 years, so more theme to sail in the fall!
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Finbar Beagle

Weather on Friday not promising.  Sad to say, but looks like we will be staying north of the Seaside bridge.  The final straw came when our beagle watcher is no longer available.

Hope we can meet soon.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

As the unofficial grand poobah of the Bash, I have consulted with the appropriate powers that be, the PBR supply chain official, the Gosslings Black Seal Rum Dark and Stormy commission and a few gnarly wharf rats here at the forum and we've arrived at the unanimous decision to postpone the bash until later in the summer or early fall. Allen- I'll keep your anchor safe in a hermetically sealed bullet proof glass vault. Brian- we'll share a Guinness or two soon. Gerard: I do hope in the near future our paths will cross again while we're under sail. And to our own Marty aka Mr. Volvo- this should give you some time to spruce up Pegasus and add the appropriate rigging parts. And to Kev and Lesa- this should give you time to buy a real sailboat! To Larry and Lexi and their wonderful daughters- we'll catch you on the water sometime! Perhaps an impromptu bashy like lunch may be in order.

Cheers!
Bob23

(ps: I'll still be out there on Friday and/or Saturday sailing somewhere- perhaps to Bakers Water Street Grill for a Tito's and tonic!!

peterg

Doggone it, Bob !!   "Shag", the original Horizon Cat and I were halfway there when you cancelled. Now we have to slink back to the Chesapeake with tail betwixt legs, waiting for the next Bash. Just kidding, but sorry to hear the supreme convergence of Compaconauts has succumbed to pandemical issues.
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Bob23

Pedro: Is that her??? Very nice. Too nice a boat for a curmudgeon like you!!
Stay tuned for the Bash, rescheduled.
Bob23

Tim Gardner

Hey!  I might be able to make it at the new and improved date!
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Bob23

Picking up where we left off, mates.

Is there any interest in resurrecting the Bash for the endish of September, or somewhere thereabouts? Say, 25th through the 27th? What say ye merry Bashers?
Bob23

K3v1n

We'll be around if you want to hit up The Waterfront for dinner and adult beverages.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

K3v1n

Just to add, we will be attending this at the Waterfront.

ClutchDog is bringing their always entertaining, energetic, and edgy rock and roll show to The Waterfront in Forked River. 
Mark it down on your calendars Saturday, September 12th from 6 to 10
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

K3v1n

The Covid delayed and abbreviated Bash 14 @ The T1O Tiki Bar!

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Bob23

This was the place to be!! Amidst a year of cancelled events, let it be known throughout the land that the Barnegat Bay Bash #14 did in fact take place! So take that you covid jerk! Think you could thwart our plans? Think again!!

Even though it wasn't on the water, there indeed was a floatable device which could be construed as a boat. Good times, good beer, good tequila! Thanks Kev for hosting the 14th consecutive Bash!! Now... about next year, who's in??

Cheers me mates!!