a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #14

Started by Finbar Beagle, May 17, 2020, 07:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

Thanks Bob for doing the heavy lifting.  The new latitudes looks good.
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

MKBLK

I believe Latitudes is now Joey Harrison's River House. And you probably thought I dropped off the edge (the ocean only looks flat, so they tell me).

I was sitting on my front lawn under the Japanese Maple watching the clouds scoot by and looking at Pegasus in the driveway and thinking, "Wonder what's doing with this year's BBB?" Upon closer examination I guess I'd better buy stock in 3M. Goin' to need a LOT of sandpaper!

Hope I can make it at least for dinner in Forked River. I've marked my calendar.

Cheers,

Marty K.
Pegasus
81 CP16
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

gcafaro33

Officially on the calendar. My friend had to cancel the wedding due to all that?s going on, so sailing and The Bash it is!  Freedom will be there. Will confirm with my dad and brother as well.
2001 CP 25 - 'Freedom', Takacat 340 lx

K3v1n

New Latitudes....The Waterfront

They did a bit of remodeling as well. Lesa and I were there for Father's Day, very nice.
It is now being run by Sweet Jenny's, a local favorite for years.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Great! So as Sherlock Holmes would say: "The game's afoot!"  I'll stop there tomorrow...check out the drinks first hand!
cheers! Bob23

So let's get a roster together, shall we?

Finbar Beagle

From the northern extremes of Barnegat Bay,

Ellen and Brian

Eagleye

Hey Folks,
At this point I the best I can do is  submit an unsure due to Covid restrictions.  It seems that I may have to quarantine for 3 months once I'm in NJ and NY may not let me back in if they find out who I have been associating with?   Hmm. Not going back to NY might not be to bad.   ;) .   Just having some fun with all this.  Put me down for a maybe.
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Bob23

So...so far we have:
Me and the admiral
Brian and Ellen
Allen and Suzy! definite maybe, my eye! Be there or be square!

K3v1n

Lesa and I should be there.
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

lkm

I'm a probable for weekend activities with the girls and a maybe for Friday night (me alone)
2005 Eclipse #20 - Figaro

Finbar Beagle

Called Southwinds today, and left a voice mail.  Ellen and myself will be sailing down on Friday, July 31, and plan to bring Terrapin back home on Monday.

We discussed delaying it until September, when things may be a bit more open, but I am stubborn by nature. 

We also have a lot a unused vacation, so if September makes more sense, we can do it again then.

Regards,
Brian

Bob23

To all::

This all sounds good. I know we discussed starting on Thursday but that was before this damn virus messed things up. I can also show up Friday anytime and I'll make my slip rez  tomorrow...if I remember, that is!!
  Friday night dinner/drinks at the Waterfront- outside I suppose. This should be another epic Barnegat Bay Bash!!

gcafaro33

Impromptu run-in/regatta with Bob23 out there today - Captain Nick said ?is that Bob23 over there!?? And sure enough it was!  Freedom was ripping in that wind today as was Bob23...  Bob23 also might have witnessed our poor attempt of wing on wing when heading back north. As of right now we are a TBD for the bash pending guidelines etc. 
2001 CP 25 - 'Freedom', Takacat 340 lx

Bob23

Yes, I thought that was you and as far as the wing on wing- I see nothing. I tell nothing. Twas some fine wind out there, eh? Wing on wing without a whisper pole is always a hairy affair. Sorry if I cut you off near Barnegat, I was trying for room to come about before running out of water!

I'm keeping an eye on the weather for the weekend...looking forward to whatever we end up doing at this years Bash. While every other event known to man has been cancelled, the Bash lives on! Forward fellow Bashers...forward!!

Bob23

K3v1n

UPDATE:

So our son is coming to visit this weekend, haven't seen him since the whole Covid has started. Also my Niece is having her 'Sweet 16' party on Saturday.
That all said our involvement in said Bash festivities are questionable at best.

Kevin & Lesa
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog