Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH #14

Started by Finbar Beagle, May 17, 2020, 07:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finbar Beagle

Folks,

I hope not to trod on any toes, especially with my displacement, and Bob can still collect the reservation deposits, but BBB 14 is approaching, COVID or not.

The weekend of August 3 has a full moon (sturgeon moon) and it looks like I do not have to work. I do have to work the following weekend. 

What say ye?
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Northern Barnegat Bay, NJ

Bob23

I say we go for it! My 23 has a built in social distancing feature- it's slower than molasses in winter! And let's extend this to 3 days, starting on Thursday!
Bob23

K3v1n

Make it so! ....and don't forget to get a shirt!  ;)

The dark shirt logo has been adjusted, making the wheel a bit lighter.

The shirts are ready to be purchased at your leisure.
There are two logo designs, one for dark shirts and one for light colored shirts.
These are on my Daughter's Redbubble site. She makes a couple of bucks per shirt for her design work.

Light Logo-Dark Shirt
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Roger

I am the new owner of a pc14 here in Surf City,
Can anyone fill me in on the details for the BBB?

Finbar Beagle

Hey Roger,

We usually base ourselves at Southwinds marina in Forked River.  Friday night is usually at Captains Inn or Jerry Harrison's or one of yhe nearby eateries.  Sat night is an overnighter anchored in Tices Shoals.

Most have Compacs.  Eclipse, 23, 25.  I drove my PC down one year for a renaming ceremony.

If they do not have a Compac now, seems like there was one in recent past.  But we do allow others.  So, some eating, more drinking, weather dependent good sailing, lots of shooting the bull ....

It s a great time.  We have a few that drive down from NY and PA. 
I usually sail down with wife from Kettle Creek, On the Thursday before.  Ramp at Southwinds is easy, and marina very friendly.

Hope to see you there.  Do you keep you PC on a trailer or do you have a slip?

Regards,
Brian

bruce

Congratulations, Roger, sounds like you made the trip back from Fort Worth successfully. The BBB guys will set you straight, but watch out for hidden fees! ;D
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

Roger

I keep it on a trailer but will moor it at the end of my street for a few days at a time if the weather is good.
On another note Compac said if I want to raise the boat off of the trailer a few inches for maintenance I should put the jack
under the keel on the metal portion. Does this sound legit?

bruce

That's where I would jack it, the CB trunk flange. A softer pad of some sort to protect the paint and gelcoat. And, control the tilt of course. ;)
Bruce
Aroo, PC 308
Narragansett Bay, RI

Eagleye

So just to be clear, and it doesn't take much to confuse me lately, since Aug. 3 is a Monday what dates are we considering?
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

Finbar Beagle

Allen,

Yes. August 3 is a Monday.  I thought you lucky retired people only had Saturdays on your calendar.
So Bob is promoting starting on Thursday, July 30th.

All the best,
Brian

Eagleye

Thanks Brian,
Let me check my schedule...... okay. I'm good
-Allen
"Madame Z"   2006 Eclipse    #42

gcafaro33

Unfortunately a friend of mine scheduled his wedding for that Sunday... how dare he schedule it during The Bash!  Potential for cancellation but TBD. Otherwise will try to make it for the Thursday through Saturday portions this year. I?m sure my dad and brother will be on-board as well!

Freedom will be leaving Great Bay for her new home in Waretown next Tuesday as we sail her up - a shout-out to Ryan for answering all of my dad?s endless questions!
2001 CP 25 - 'Freedom', Takacat 340 lx

Reighnman

Hopefully the motor/sail up north was an epic adventure for you guys! Your dad seems to have it figured out.
Siren 17, O'Day 222, CP 19, CP 25, Sunday Cat

gcafaro33

It was a great day, thanks Ryan - some morning fog that burned off after a little bit with with a fair northeast wind. Safe and soundly docked! 
2001 CP 25 - 'Freedom', Takacat 340 lx

Bob23

Well, I bet you guys thought I disappeared or fell off the edge of the planet but, au contraire! I'm live and well and Koinonia is floating on her lines once again.
So now that that first weekend in August is approaching, let's pick this ball up and kick it around again. I'll make some calls about outside seating at the restaurant that we usually go to; it's not called Latitudes anymore...I forget the new name. Generally the same deal as last year- eat, drink, lie, sail, have fun....repeat!
Please drop in with your input and I'll need to get a list together of all those who would once again risk their reputations joining this crew of gnarly wharf rats!

Cheers!
Bob23