a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CBMSG 3.0

Started by Mas, May 19, 2018, 11:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mas

Hey Bob, you know ou are always welcome down here! Anywho did figure out how to contact the owner of the CB CP16. It was over two years ago when he and I first communicated but ya never know. You and Kevin can fight over it if it is still there and for sale. I am hoping to find out before CBMSG so if i is you could check it out if you make it down.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Up early and an update for the gathering this coming weekend.  Rain showers won't cancel as the pavilions are covered however a deluge will postpone so stay tuned. I have copied the particulars below:

The gathering, cookout, and party is set for August 4th. The cocktail hour is 4ish with music, hotdogs, burgers, fries, sides, cold drinks, beer and wine to follow . A $5 contribution is asked from all to Regent Point Yacht Club having their/our gathering there at the same time for all the food, and drinks. We split up bringing a side or condiments for the burgers and dogs etc. based upon docks. Our dock is being asked to provide potato, macaroni, etc. salads as a side.

The pavilions are shaded and covered with, ice provided, cool clean bathhouses, and the usual amenities available. Very parklike there. We don't have to wait until 4. Check the thread from last year for the some local motels for simple lodging We are planning to get the antique dinghy wet or our kayak wet so bring some small craft easy to transport, There are also a few kayaks and canoes that are on site but slip holders get first dibs! Nice islands close by. check out  http://www.regentpointmarina.com  for location, directions, and general lay of the land. Do try to come for more than just a day, as there is much to do and some good places to visit very close by.

If weather is good for sailing then we more than likely will head out for a bit but the summer doldrums usually bring warm temps and light breezes perfect for kayaking.

Tim and Vicki, Wayne and Phylis, or maybe just Wayne? and Bob have said they are either coming or hope to. We also have a couple non-boating, well bringing kayaks, friends coming down to join in as well. If anyone else plans to attend I need to know by tomorrow so the yacht club knows how much food, beer and wine to get. Hope to see you all and introduce you to our incredibly laid back marina friends. The marina is just across the creek from Merrior where we have had the winter version of this so I think everyone who has mentioned coming has been there at least once so you have a general idea as to location and drive time.

We are going to be in attendance regardless as this is our home marina and our little yacht club. Last year there were well over 50 folks in attendance and we hope that some of you Compacteers can find your way down to join in the festivities, talk sailing, and come visit a lovely place.

S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Tim Gardner

Well Gents,  The best laid plans oft go Awry....

The Admiral, Vicki, has contracted an upper respiratory infection and is absolutely miserable.  So we will not be attending this weekend.  Have a great time , hope we all can get together soon.  All y'all are invited to go sailing on SML this fall.

Regretfully, TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Mas

Give our best to Vicki. It also appears the the Chesapeake Bay has developed an upper respiratory infection as well which has put cruising either on hold or certainly with great care as there is much debris secondary to all of the flooding on it's tributaries and especially from big releases from the Conowingo Dam.

https://washington.cbslocal.com/video/3909336-storm-debris-in-chesapeake-bay-triggers-warnings-for-boaters-swimmers/

Certainly no sailing at night for folks. Mercifully the southern bay, where we are located,  is less affected because of not only distance from the source but also the much larger influence of he Atlantic itself and the simply large volume of water were. Still the solution would be to clean up all of the toxic silt and debris above the dam. Like that's gunna happen anytime soon. Since it's construction 80ish years ago the pond behind the dam has gone from over a hundred feet deep to 14. You can only imagine what is in the debris and mud. Sad.

Meanwhile heading down to the boats and a party tomorrow!
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Enjoy! I too am unable to attend this event this weekend. Some unforeseen car repairs in the last 3 weeks (to the tune of 6k) have left me cash and time strapped. Please drink a PBR or two for me, gents!

Wayne J

Virtual PBRs will be lifted in your name!
CP-16/2 1986
Catalina Capri 14.2 1985
Richmond, Virginia

Bob23

Thank youi!! Please put all those virtual PBR's on my tab!!

Mas

Can say a real PBR was lifted.....clearly not by me but Wayne, who is as constant as the North Star, in his steadfast commitment to PBR. I on the other hand will take any good IPA in a storm. Call me fickle, call me picky, call me anything, just don't call me late for the dinner bell! Much fun as always, music till midnight till my fingers hurt, and truth be told.....we had spent the day prior to the party on a friend's new to him Grand Banks Trawler heading up to the marina. It had a small mast and I spent the entire trip looking for the sails....he musta misplaced them....he's always had a sailboat? Meanwhile Susan was starry eyed over the space aboard. It took much wine to distract her.

Well at this other marina in Deltaville, the much neglected Dana sitting on the hard now has a neglected looking Compac 27 sitting next to her. So sad, someone really should call social services for boats and get them into a foster home instead of out on the street like that.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Glad you had a great time...I really missed being there and I also hoisted a PBR in your honor. What's this I hear about a neglected Dana??

Mas

Has been siting on the hard since we first saw her in the fall of 2015. I inquired about her then and the folks at that marina said health issues of the owner is why she was sitting there. He had owned her since new and wasn't ready to give her up at that time. Still there.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Mas

Well.....here are the two above referenced boats. Someone needs to adopt them.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Bob23

Thanks Rick! Like I need this kind of temptation this early in the morning! Fine friend you are...so tempted to hop in the Porsche and drive down for a look-see!