a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 16 sail Set

Started by Cats Paw, February 19, 2017, 04:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cats Paw

I am going to offer here first  to the members before going to E-bay.  The reason I am selling these sails is because I have replaced my standard C-16 sails for a new set with a roller furling and multi color panels. The sail set is in great shape with a lot of life left in them. All tight stitching no fray Small obscure spot of some sort 1-1/2" in size on the main. No repairs. Bolt rope on the main sail foot and luff in great condition.  The jib has 6 brass hanks along with a brass tack clip. The sheet is attached.  The main has the hull number on it with the Compac logo. 3 batten on the main intact with pockets in great shape. Would make a great set of back ups.  I will offer the set for $xxxx shipped to the lower 48.     If you would like more details and pics my email  is

Brian Driscoll

Hello ! I have an interest in your set of sails.What year is your Com Pac 16 ?  Does the boat have a bowsprit?  Where are you located?  Thanks.....

Cats Paw

Located Michigan,  No Bowsprit,   Model year 1980

Brian Driscoll

Sorry, mine is a 1991 with a bowsprit. Think the jib is a different size. Not sure about the main. Thanks for the reply.

NCboater

1983  CP16 Hull #1914
Ocean Isle Beach, NC

JBC

Just a reminder: The sail areas for both mainsails and (standard) jibs for the MK 1 and MK 2 and 3 are different. To compare sail areas, check the CP 16 specifications at the top of the 16 discussion threads, scrolling all the way down. It's also important to remember that the cut for the sails, especially the jibs, will also differ somewhat, due to the presence (or absence) of the bowsprit. From one who has owned, at one time or another, a MK 1, MK 2, and 3.

Jett 

Cats Paw

I do not know the age of the sails.

Here are the cuts     Main  =    Luff 14'-6"  Leech  16'-8"   Foot 7'-8"

Jib      =    Luff 11'-6"  Leech  11'-6"   Foot 6'-6" 

Yamaha33410

Do you have any current pictures of sails?
1981 Compac 16

-West Palm Beach, FL

Cats Paw

Request Pics by email. 

Mas

Quote from: Cats Paw on February 20, 2017, 10:52:11 PM
I do not know the age of the sails.

Here are the cuts     Main  =    Luff 14'-6"  Leech  16'-8"   Foot 7'-8"

Jib      =    Luff 11'-6"  Leech  11'-6"   Foot 6'-6" 

My guess since the main has hull # and logo on it, that they are original, thus they may be 1980 vintage.
S/V  'Mas' ' 87 CP16/2

Cats Paw