a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Compac 16 Sails for sale

Started by Jason, February 11, 2017, 01:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason

UPDATE:  THESE SAILS HAVE NOW BEEN PURCHASED.  This forum turned out to be a good spot to advertise them for sale.  Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

With the pilothouse modification I am making to my 1981 MK1 Compac 16 I will need to order new sails. I am offering for sale a fine set of 2012 Rolly Tasker sails, 4 seasons of trailer sailor use.  White mainsail with 1 row of reef grommets and 110 jib.  Paid $781 and they are in good shape in a Sail bag. I added brass snap hanks to the jib in lieu of the plastic ones that come standard. I offer these at $450 including shipping to the contiguous 48 United States.  Happy to unroll them and take a photo of any details.

Jason
1981 Compac 16 "Lillyanna"
Currently building SCAMP #349 "Argo"
Build log at www.argobuilder.com

NCboater

what weight and material for the sails?  Do you have the bowsprit modification?  What Markings are on the sails?
1983  CP16 Hull #1914
Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Jason

Hi NC Boater,

I checked my records and I ordered these in 2012 and these are OEM Compac sails ordered from Gerry at Hutchins for a Compac MKI (no extended bowsprit).  There are no markings on the white sails other than the Rolly Tasker logo.  Apologies but I do not know the weight.  The only modification was the replacement of plastic twist on hanks with brass piston hanks, which I did.  The part numbers are below:

MCJSJ0005 WORKING JIB

MCSSM0010 MAINSAIL

NCboater

Mainsail - Bolt rope for the boom and slides or slugs for the mast?
1983  CP16 Hull #1914
Ocean Isle Beach, NC

Jason

Hi!

The maInsail has a boltrope along the boom and plastic sail slugs along the mast. 

Jason

b.cranor

Hello Jason, My name is Bill, and I am a new member of CPYOA. I have the dubious distinction of owning two older 16's; one with the bowsprit, one without, neither have spreaders. I am interested in the Com-Pac 16 sails you have. I think they should be perfect for the older boat at least. Please let me know if they are still available. Thanks, b.