a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Searching for a Com-Pac 23

Started by archimedes, February 07, 2017, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archimedes

I'm looking for a Com-Pac 23, preferably in good (or better) condition and preferably in the southeast US.  But nothing is chiseled in stone. 

Please reach out if you can help.

Thanks

Bob23

A friend has one for sale here in NJ, that's kind of the SE. Check the classifieds here for Tetra. Don't rule it out because of distance. I've seen the boat and it's a beauty. I have no financial stake in this, by the way.
Bob23

peterg

My former 1990 outrageously equipped C23 is for sale at:

sailboatlistings.com/view/60211

It's fairly priced for the condition and equipage, was an original owner boat when I bought it, and the current owner bought it from me a year ago and never got to use it. It is located in SE Virginia.
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

K3v1n

I have mine for sale!
Moved up to a bigger boat and the Admiral says I can't have two boats. :)

1983 Com-Pac 23
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

archimedes

Thanks for the replies.

Tetra is a bit far from me.  I'm in FL so it would be over 2000 miles round trip.  Seems like a good deal, just too far especially since I'm solo.

I like the boat in NC but it's over budget for me and he is not flexible at all.  Strange since it's been sitting on the market for so long.

Peter did you move the traveler on the boat in NC?  How did it effect the sailing characteristics?  Looks like, for a single hander, that it would be difficult to get around the traveler to reach the winches.

peterg

Hi Arch- getting rid of the end boom sheeting is one of the biggest favors you can do on the ComPac 19 and 23s that I've owned. Gets the spaghetti mess of mainsheet line away from outboard controls and will allow far superior sail shape and control. The original owner of my 23 mounted the traveler in the cockpit, and I never found it too intrusive when singlehanding. Conversions that I have designed and fabricated mounted over the companionway and the mainsheet led slightly rearward from the traveler to the boom bail. Had to exercise a bit of caution to not bonk head when going below. I can understand why the current owner does not want to give the boat away for less money- I put big bucks into the boat for new AH-2000, Nexus wireless WS/WD, BiData K/D, shore power, Garmin chartplotter, solar, sails, canvas, Ballenger mast hinge, gin pole for mast raise/lower, etc etc. And it has a real trailer. All this stuff was used one season or less. If my old back and balance were not so screwed up, I'd buy the dang boat back in a heartbeat!  Good luck in your search for a C23- they are one of the best in the ComPac line!!
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)