News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

SOLD! Suncat With Tons of Extras - Excellent Condition!

Started by cruz-in, February 04, 2017, 02:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruz-in

Hi,

Well after many years of sailing, we are going over to the dark side. We have purchased a Nimble Nomad Trawler. So our wonderful Suncat is for sale. This boat was fresh water sailed for the first few years of its life. When not in use it was stored under a storage cover. We acquired it in 2006 and since then has been stored in our garage when not in use. It is in really great shape, fiberglass is glossy, cabin clean and fresh smelling, etc.

Asking $9900

Here is what is included:

1) 2000 ComPac Suncat
2) 2000 Trailer (no rust) with new tires, rims and bearings.
3)  2006 Yamaha 6 horse power engine. I searched and searched for this specific engine. It is two cylinders (unlike the current ones) and runs very smooth. It is  crazy quiet. It has about 10 to 15 hours of fresh water run time and 7 or 8 hours in salt. After each salt water run, I ran the engine in fresh water. It has a remote fuel tank and rolling stand for the engine (see picture). Note pictures of boat show older Mercury mounted on boat. Boat comes with 2006 Yamaha 6 HP.
4) A new heavy duty stainless extremely heavy duty  motor mount. This is a fantastic motor mount. It is custom built for Catalina Direct. It makes lifting and lowering the engine effortless. It is fully backed up with stainless steel backing plates, has bronze bushings, etc.See pictures.
5) A full custom storage cover
6) Teak Cockpit grate
7) Bulkhead mounted compass.
8) Interior cushions.
9) A very high quality set of custom fitting cockpit  cushions. These are high density foam that will not absorb water.
10) A Bimini top

Please email with any questions. Email: teamskelley@yahoo.com

peterg

Welcome to the "dark side" and congratulations on your choice of a Nimble trawler. We had a deposit on one down in Oriental some years ago, but the offer was not accepted. I still admire the quirky lines of the boat, and further admire its great use of space, including fore and aft cabin doors. This calls for a Spring/Summer rendezvous event for trailerable trawlers!  This would, of course, include ComPac 23 Motorsailers, Rangers, and the like......maybe even current Com-Pac sailors who are considering a move to point A to point B cruising.
Post some pics of the new craft, and don't forget that you can put a mast and small sail on the Nimble!! 
Regards,
PeterG
Master After God of "sister Ship", Ranger Tug 21EC
Former CP19 x 2, CP23, and CP27
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Ken J

I'm looking for a Suncat if it's anywhere near SW Colorado

Ken J

Ken J

Oops - just looked at your profile and see you are in Maryland - little to far :-) sorry about that

cruz-in

oops, yes I should have pointed that out, the boat is located in southern Maryland near Solomon's Island Maryland.

cruz-in

Oh Yeah Autumn Wind also has a Foil Rudder. I have the plate aluminum one also.

cruz-in

Ken J

cruz-in

Thanks Ken, I know I am biased but I think she is beautiful too.

The coloring reminded us of fall, hence the name "Autumn Wind"

cruz-in

Adding some picts we took today of Autumn Wind nestled in the garage. They do a good job of showing the condition of the gelcoat.

cruz-in

I hesitate to use the term "like new". In  our search for our Nimble Nomad we found the term so often misused. Boats advertised as "like new" that were average at best.

However, IMHO Autumn Wind is pretty close. 

Bilge Rat

Love that motor mount. Did you have to drill new holes to install it?

'09 Sun Cat, '06 Catalina 16.5, '00 Lido 14, '84 Holder 14

cruz-in

Yes I did. I was able to use one of the old holes. The others were filled.

It really is a great motor mount. The welding and metal work is a thing of beauty. It makes raising and lowering the motor an effortless affair.

Bob23

Cruz: what kind of motor mount is that? Looks like a beauty and I'm getting ready to replace the aging one on my 23. Beautiful boat, by the way and you take very good care of her. I love the Suncats and once thought of selling my 23 and moving down to one.
Thanks,
Bob23

kickingbug1

think that is for a "catalina. those boats have nice motormounts and ladders   hahaha
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"