a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Is everyone taking a long winter nap???

Started by alsantini, January 09, 2017, 11:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

normally i never have shoes on sailing----barefoot all the way. i do amend that in the fall however to include socks. that cockpit sole can sure get cold on the tootsies
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Tim Gardner

Well- yesterday's first sail of the year went extremely well. Sailed a course of 4 miles in an hour. The wind direction allowed a two mile reach south & a two mile reach home.  68° F   BAREFOOT!  Well, I had Crocs on - fur lined.

My home-made furler worked like a champ. I guess I'm going to have to show my 4" pipe plug w/ Pex tubing hank on furling rig off. It think it cost a total of about $60 including errors.

Citroën Dave has witnessed it in action. Can I get a hallelujah?
Alas,no pics of the sail, phone died.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

Meander

We bought our Eclipse this summer and brought it down to Bokeelia Florida the first week in November.  We had a Potter 19 down here in Florida that we sold a couple of weeks ago.  I have spent some time transferring  the chartplotter, depthfinder and autohelm  and I now have them all working on the Eclipse.  We have overnighted several times this winter in Pelican Bay near Cayo Costa and have daysailed on Chartlotte Harbor a couple of times a week.  We are really enjoying the Eclipse.  A fine boat.

Larry