a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New CP-23IV - Mfg. Photos

Started by stacynmark, November 22, 2006, 12:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacynmark

Hello!  My wife, two sons, and I are awaiting the completion of a Compac 23-IV we recently purchased.  I asked Gerry Hutchins to provide mfg. photos so that my family could see it in various phases of completion and thought it would be fun to share with others in this forum.

Our boat will sail on Seneca Lake, one of the Finger Lakes in NY next Spring.  Other than many years of sailing a Sunfish in Cape Cod, this our first experience with a small cruiser and chose the CP-23 based on the research we performed on what the best choice would be for newbies such as ourselves.  This site was particularly helpful and we look forward to leveraging it even more once we have the boat in the water.

Actually, the boat is going to have a bit of a coming out party in February as part of the Syracuse, NY boat show.  Perhaps we will have decided on what we will name her...Some names that have been bounced around include; Sea Lark, Therapy, Recess, Happy Hour.  Other suggestions are welcome.

Here is a link to the photos in the CPYOA Gallery.
http://com-pacowners.com/gallery2/displayimage.php?album=60&pos=0
http://com-pacowners.com/gallery2/displayimage.php?album=60&pos=1

Paul

Congratulations on your decision.  Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for sharing the photos.   We love photos!!

stacynmark

I've added more mfg. photos for those that are interested to the originals hyperlink to the album I created.

steve brown

stacymark, Congratulations on your new 23. Did you order it through The Sailboat Shop in Skaneatlis? I may attend the syracuse boat show and would like to see her. Please kep us posted on your plans. I bought my CP-19 from The Saiboat shop,real nice folks to deal with. Steve

stacynmark

Steve

Yes, we are purchasing our boat through The Sailboat Shop and specifically, John Jablonski.  John has been very helpful and contacted Gerry Hutchins to have the photo diary created as our CP-23 progresses through their manufacturing process. 

We will definitely be showing the boat at the Syracuse boat show.  I expect that Stacy and I will travel from Elmira on Saturday to see the show.  Perhaps we will see you there. 

BTW-What lake do you sail your CP-19 on?

Mark

steve brown

Hi Mark, We are on Saratoga Lake near Saratog Springs, NY. It is not a big lake but I can get there in about 30 minutes which is a plus. There is an older but nice 23 at Point Breeze Marina where I will be berthed this coming season. John sold me my boat also. He is a real nice person. I'll try and get to the show. I would like to move up to a 23 some day. Regards, Steve

stacynmark

Ive added more photos.  Follow the link to see the boat a few weeks from being completed.  Enjoy!

stacynmark

Here are the final construction photos.  The boat begins its journey to Skaneateles, NY over the Holidays and will be shown at the Syracuse boat show in February. 

B.Hart

The boat looks beautiful! Congradulations . Theres nothing like the smell of a new sailboat. lol Hope you have many years of sailing fun.

stacynmark

Thanks!  We can't wait to see it up close.

Mark

steve brown

Hi Mark, Weather permitting, I will be at the boat show on Friday the 16th. I will stay over night at Best Western Fairgrounds nearby, returning home Sat.. Perhaps you will be there that day or evening. Can't wait to see your new boat. Regards, Steve

pelican

Congratulations on your beautiful new boat! May you have many years of sailing enjoyment!

Terry

rmonsma

Mark,

What a beautiful boat.  I really love the green hull.  I own a 1993 23-3 and would change the hull to green in a heartbeat if I could.  Have fun!

Roger

stacynmark

Thanks for the compliment.  We really were concerned with our color choices until we saw the end product.  I give full credit to my wife.  She had the vision!  We plan to attend the show on Sunday so we will miss meeting Steve.  The funny thing is that Steve will see it "live" before we do as my business travels have kept me from seeing it since it was shipped to the Sail Shop in January...

stacynmark

Roger Schwake

Great pictures. they will be a great start to a scrap book for your boat. Congradlations on a beautiful new boat.